Associate VFX Director- Madden
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
EA Sports Art is looking for an experienced and passionate Associate VFX Director to join our real-time FX team. The FX artists research, conceptualize, and create all manner of FX from natural atmospheres and realism to stylized fun. You will work with the FX team, Art Directors, and Design team to create real-time FX for Sports titles.
- Conceptualize and create industry-leading FX for our games
- Work with Design to understand requirements and create FX for gameplay mechanics
- Create behavior-driven FX for characters and vehicles
- Create atmospheric FX and direct proper placement of assets to enhance living worlds
- Simulate physical phenomenon through a variety animation and simulation techniques
- Inject personality and humor into visual effects through stylization
- Work with the Art Director and CG Supervisor to create style guides and visually defining particle assets.
- Partner with Rendering and Tools teams to determine requirements for FX tools.
- Develop strategies to solve FX issues affecting rendering performance to maintain target FPS.
- Plan with directors and management to establish asset requirements, manage scope and escalate risks for feature reviews.
- 5+ years' experience as a real-time FX artist on shipped title
- Proficient in using Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalent
- Experience implementing FX assets in a real-time engine
- Experience with performance requirements and restrictions on console hardware
- Experience creating and editing shaders for FX
- Experience with atlas texture technology and methods of atlas creation
- Experience creating and modifying existing modeling assets for in-game FX use.
- Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL)
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
VFX Producer, Landmark Series - BBC Studios, The Science Unit
Closing 30 November 2022
- London and Remote
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Visual Effects Artist
Closing 24 December 2022
- perm, remote
VFX Artist (Contract)
Closing 17 January 2023
Want more Associate VFX Director- Madden jobs?
Want to find more VFX Artist jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.