Associate User Experience Director
The Associate User Experience Architect role in the UE team is focused on supporting the more experienced UEAs by delivering discrete components of work within a larger project; or on delivering smaller-scale projects end-to-end, under a degree of supervision. Overall, the UEA’s role is about drawing together the client’s business requirements, the customer/end-users’ requirements and an understanding of the technical delivery environment, in order to develop a blueprint for the solution to be delivered.
Using their core skills in Information Architecture and interaction design, plus their knowledge of usability issues and techniques, the Associate UEA will be involved in the delivery of detailed UE design deliverables (e.g. information architecture, navigation systems, user journeys, wireframes and other UE deliverables – whether these deliverables are required by in-house delivery teams, or for third-party delivery). They will have excellent attention to detail in order to be able to define how the product will work at a granular/functional level.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- High quality of project deliverables, meets deadlines and works within estimations.
- Reach personal billability and utilisation targets.
- Client acceptance and approval of User Experience design deliverables.
- Ensure work is to the highest possible standards at all times, and that client presentations are engaging and inspiring.
- Relentlessly review the standard of work, ensuring that only work meeting the highest levels of quality are presented to the client.
- Receives positive feedback from internal and external clients.
- Deliver the highest quality AKQA solutions that live up to our values: Innovation, Quality, Service, thought.
- Constantly strive to improve processes and procedures.
- Continually assess and improve the practices and processes for UE design.
- Able to interpret a brief, identify knowledge gaps and areas requiring further information, and to ask supplementary questions to fill those gaps.
- Able to successfully complete UE analysis tasks, including: competitor and expert reviews, and content audits. At one end: to work under the direction of a more senior member of the team. At the other end: to define requirements of each task within context of project.
- Understand insights gained from completing these tasks and able to apply them to project.
- Able to produce UE documentation relevant to the project, which may include: site maps, wireframes and user journeys. Under direction of a senior team member, choose correct documentation for project and produce documents to a high standard, appropriately cross referenced and annotated.
- Accurate document management and versioning.
- Demonstrates understanding of user-centred design, from project initiation through to on-going product evolution.
- Able to produce prototypes using Axure or other relevant prototyping tools.
- Good understanding of roles of different disciplines within AKQA and how UE interacts with them.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exposure information architecture/content strategy/user experience/usability experience.
- Degree in an appropriate subject an advantage: e.g. Product design, Interaction design etc.
- Experience working in a creative/agency/consultancy environment is advantageous.
- Familiarity with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- Understanding of good usability and accessibility practices online.
- A passion for ‘interactive’, and involving customers in interactions with a brand.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Digital Designer - FTC 9 Months
Closing 26 February 2020
- temp, temp to perm
- £30,000 p/a
Snr. Creative Director, Prime Video EU
Closing 21 February 2020
Want more Associate User Experience Director jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Architect jobs, Architectural Creative Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Director jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.