Associate UX Designer
Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specialising in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation.
Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health, but that’s not enough. We have ambitious plans for growth and need talented individuals to help shape and lead us into our next century.
As the UX Designer will be responsible for bringing UX/UI and User Research to JMs digital software products and platforms. Working in collaboration with cross-functional teams, they will work with the wider design team, product managers, business analysts & internal business stakeholder to execute the experience of digital software solutions through discovery, design, development, and delivery.
- Work with cross functional teams as an individual contributor of User and Design Experience.
- Take a leading role on individual projects with oversight and support by our Lead UX Designer, be empowered to make design and experience decisions within the constraints of our guidelines and brand.
- Contribute thoughts and ideas to wider decisions relating to UI, UX, accessibility and mobility and any other related items that fall under the Experience Design team.
- You will provide advocacy for human centred design and evangelise UX within JM through the delivery of digital solutions for employees, scientists and customers.
- You will use your interpersonal skills to understand and align our user value, business value and technical feasibility to deliver balanced and effective solutions.
- Carry out any other duties within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Ensure that at all times company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
- As a member of the Digital community, you will be a champion of the function’s values and culture, while demonstrating and openly encouraging the behaviours expected from a professional, best in-class Digital team.
- If UK employee, the role is based in Royston but will remain remote with travel to the office as needed.
- Creating wireframes, lo & hi-fi mock-ups and interactive prototypes to support and illustrate functional user stories and requirements.
- Participating in feature/project discovery sessions and help gather appropriate UX/UI requirements.
- Synthesizing information from product requirements, stakeholder needs, and user feedback to produce informed designs.
- Assist with feedback sessions in collaboration with the design team and product managers, with users and stakeholders to validate and iterate on designs, user journeys, requirements etc.
- Support and evangelise the use of a design system with the latest technologies, to facilitate scalability and continuity of design standards.
- Understand how and why to measure product success and value delivered at each key milestone of UX delivery.
- Build upon core understanding of the evolving landscape of design tools, technologies, and industry standards to ensure JM remain a leader in design thinking.
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and generous annual leave. Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing – for you and your family.
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
We’ll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We’ll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we’re self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We’re passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you – a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
Johnson Matthey is open for discussion on part time, job share and flexible working patterns.
For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please contact us.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please let your recruiter know when they contact you.
All applications are carefully considered and your details will be stored on our secure Application Management System. This is used throughout Johnson Matthey for the selection of suitable candidates for our vacancies as they arise. Johnson Matthey respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. For more information about how your personal data is used please view our privacy notice: Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice.
You will be contacted by the Johnson Matthey Talent Acquisition team once your details have been reviewed. Please allow four weeks from the closing date to allow for screening to take place.
We appreciate the time and effort taken in completing an application.
By applying for this role and creating an account you are agreeing to Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Campaign Designer - Regional
Closing 29 July 2023
- TUI Group
Technical UI Designer
Closing 25 July 2023
Want more Associate UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.