Associate UX Designer
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Enterprise Digital Member experiences team is responsible for deepening Card Member engagement through our digital experiences, with a primary focus on Membership mobile app, web and push channels. The team’s mission is to dramatically increase digital engagement and customer satisfaction through a combination of superior user experience and compelling features and functionality. The team’s primary remit is to define and deliver digital experiences and best-in-class innovation.
As part of the Enterprise Digital and Analytics (ED&A) team, we have a collective focus on also growing revenue from our existing customer base. We have a global and Enterprise wide remit, working closely with many teams to deploy mobile, web and push experiences to meet the growing needs of our Members globally and across all lines of business.
At As a Associate UX Designer at American Express you will share a critical role in ensuring American Express remains “The Most Respected Service Brand in the World.” It is the responsibility of the UX Designer to leverage best practices and design thinking processes to help drive best-in-class digital experiences that adhere to accessibility and brand standards. The Associate UX Designer will report to the Lead UX Designer & Director of UX, Global Web Loyalty & Benefits with in the EDME team and as a part of the team, he, she or they will work closely under the supervision of the Lead UX Designer.
What you will be doing:
- You will work projects related to Loyalty & Benefits as well as other web initiatives.
- Share your work and meet regularly with your Lead UX Designer, your Director, Product Owner and other designers to gain insights, feedback, and drive cross-team collaboration.
- Participate in cross-functional workshops such as co-creation, empathy mapping, and journey mapping exercises.
- Synthesize user needs and business objectives to create testable prototypes and validate our hypotheses.
- Ideate and prototype in both hi- and lo-fidelities using, pen and paper, Sketch, and Invision.
- Create any required supporting documentation such as user flows, personas, service blueprints, etc. in accordance with UX best practices.
- Have a positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn. Collaborate with your fellow designers, UX writers, UX researchers, Design managers, product owners, and engineers to translate product requirements into useful and usable experiences ensuring adherence to design best-practices and brand consistency.
- Be a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven UX/Interaction experience or graduate of User Experience Design intensive from reputable boot camp such as General Assembly.
- Strong portfolio showing examples of complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through pixel-perfect designs.
- Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, wireframing, and user flows.
- Ability to multitask, work both independently and collaboratively, and proactively seek feedback.
- Proficient in MS Office, Sketch, and Invision (Origami, Principle, Adobe CS, and others are a plus) and will be provided space to explore new ones under your own initiative.
- Proficient in responsive web design.
- Understanding of lean/agile product development methods.
- Solid documentation, organization, oral/written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Good time management skills and a self-starter who can prioritize and deliver on time.
- Ability to learn quickly and be a design evangelist.
- University degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Communication Design, or degree from User Experience or Interaction Design intensive.
What's in it for you:
- Be an influencer and help shape the future of design at American Express.
- Be surrounded by intelligent, like-minded, fun, outgoing co-workers.
- Work life balance and fun team events!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.
Want more Associate UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.