Associate, UI Web Developer – Aladdin Product Group
About this role:
We are looking for a strong UI Web Developer with UX passion:
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world’s most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
We invest and protect over $7 trillion (USD) of assets and have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world. Our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of software development, testing and ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture by harnessing modern development technologies.
The position is for an Associate within the Investment Systems and Trading Development team. Investment Systems and Trading is a team within the Aladdin Product Group and are responsible for technology utilized by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers and Investment Operations.
- Passionate about technology, user experience, with personal ownership for the work you do.
- Curious and eager to learn new things, and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others.
- Data and quality focused, with an eye for the details that make great solutions.
- You sometimes make mistakes, but always willing to learn from them.
- Experienced working in either Portfolio Management or Investment Research Management.
- Knowledgeable in Trading, Equity, FI, OTC, Exchange Traded Derivatives, Corporate Actions, Prime Brokerage, Compliance and long/short strategies and cash reinvestment.
- Passionate about building quality software and scalable technology to meet the needs of tomorrow.
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology.
- We have strong Java expertise and work with a range of technologies such as Azure cloud, Kafka, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Angular and many others.
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community.
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on agile innovation.
The team is looking for an ambitious hands-on senior software developer to work on an exciting strategic product to expand our Aladdin Platform and possibly lead a team of few smart technical professionals. Working with a global team and be a part of an outstanding group of engineers setting, evolving the technology direction of our upcoming suit of applications for Portfolio Management. Passionate about multiple aspects of enterprise software development – Performance, Scale, Resilience, Usability and Maintainability. As a key member of our engineering team, you will be encouraged and empowered to bring your ideas forward to help shape the technical solutions. Making you become a strong team player in our distributed and diverse global team. You also have the opportunity to present your innovative ideas to leaders across the firm.
This position will give you immense exposure and training in some of the latest technologies, such as Angular, Ignite, APIs, gRPC, Proto-buffs, Spring, Azure Dev Ops, Node.JS, Cassandra and more. The role will also afford the chance to learn about the financial industry and the exciting world of investing and portfolio management
- Develop and maintain investment functionality used by portfolio managers.
- Help design and build the next generation of the world best investment platform.
- Contribute to an agile development team working with designers, analysts, users and leads.
- Apply quality software engineering practices through all phases of development and into production.
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment.
- Ensure resilience and stability through quality code reviews, unit, regression and user acceptance testing, dev ops and level two production support.
- Nurture the talent around you and lead by example.
- Being at a senior position, people would look up to you and you would be responsible for driving an inclusive and competitive culture in the team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Passionate about creating the best user experience, working with world class UX designers.
- Solid foundation in Java and related technologies.
- Some experience or a real interest in finance, investment or portfolio management processes.
- Some experience with API’s, REST, gRPC.
- B.E. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions.
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery.
- Expertise working with UX designers, project managers, technical leads and analysts across the SDLC lifecycle; understand systems requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and documentation.
Nice to have:
Experience working in an agile development team or on opensource development projects.
Experience with SQL or Apache Cassandra Database.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 7 February 2022
- RELX Group
Closing 6 February 2022
- Sports Direct
Closing 30 January 2022
Want more Associate, UI Web Developer – Aladdin Product Group jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.