Associate Project Director - Samsung
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Associate Project Director (APD) to join our London office. Reporting directly to the Project Director, responsible for account-level digital programme management for both Samsung UK and Global, and working alongside the APD on Innovation, you will be responsible for programme management and project delivery for Engagement projects across both "Samsung One” training platforms. The role sits within the established ONE Production department, whose aim is to contribute to and produce great creative work on all platforms.
Your responsibilities as an Associate Project Director (APD) will be:
- Defining, governing, and reporting on the digital programme of work for the Engagement workstream (approx. 40%).
- Working hand in hand with the corresponding client service team to ensure quality is maintained across all digital deliverables and the appropriate resource and skillsets are in place to deliver against it.
- Delivering projects across the Engagement workstream (approx. 60%).
- Line management of a Mid-weight Digital Producer, scaling up with FL during spike periods as required.
- Playing a key role in overseeing and delivering projects within this workstream.
- Owning the twice-yearly major flagship product launch programme (including secure environment setup to ensure embargoed assets are handled appropriately in advance of go-live), and ensuring the correct programme delivery processes and structures are in place to support this activity, plus smaller (non-embargoed) product launches.
The Samsung “Backstage UK” learning management platform trains retail staff (e.g. Carphone Warehouse) and other users on the Samsung mobile devices range, with the objective of driving handset sales of forthcoming and existing products. Backstage UK has been operational for the past 6 years. The “Samsung One” platform is targeted at B2B sales partners and was launched in the summer of 2020 – representing a new and significant revenue stream for the agency.
The Backstage UK and Samsung One platforms deliver across web, Android and iOS. Ongoing projects include major flagship product launches, smaller product launches, functional and technical enhancements, and ongoing BAU / maintenance.
To provide efficiencies across the 2 platforms and also to align the skillsets required for project delivery, the overall UK Retail programme is split into 2 categories which run across both platforms – Engagement and Innovation. Engagement projects include content and product launches, learning content evolution / innovation, campaigns, BAU and Data BAU. Innovation projects include large technical projects, new feature development and tech support and maintenance.
What we’re looking for?
The APD has exceptional project, personnel management, client management and leadership skills and a proven track record in project execution from commencement through to successful delivery. The role may suit an established senior project manager / digital producer who is making their first step into programme management, or a candidate already running a small-medium sized programme of work.
- Proven digital project management experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Ownership of multiple large projects and / or discrete programmes of work with budgets of £500k and higher.
- Mentoring / line management experience.
- Strong web and mobile application development background.
- Experience managing creative and content-based workstreams including creative, design and copy resources.
- Exceptional core project management skills, with a strong understanding of waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Ability to monitor the quality of all aspects of all projects: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality.
- Proven track record of digital project delivery - on time, on brief, on budget.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage board level internal and client relationships.
- Passionate about producing great creative work, creative-solutions-focused with a passion and knowledge of web technology.
- A born collaborator with experience in working in large cross-discipline teams.
- Has an opinion and not afraid to voice it.
Who are we?
We’re Iris. We’re For the Forward. A creative, strategy and innovation company that uses the power of participation to excite progress for businesses. As part of the One Production team, we’re inviting you to participate in progress – moving yourself and the world forward with every decision you make.
London is our HQ. In our riverside office you’ll find 380 talented people working with ambitious client partners. We’re the lead strategic & creative agency for Suzuki, Starbucks, adidas Football and Abrdn. And we’re a specialist partner for Barclays and Samsung, to name a couple.
The Iris Character:
We have five core behaviours that we look for to help us to build a culture that fosters true progress: Courage, Storytelling, Collaboration, Empathy and Commitment.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working – we offer you a balance of home and office working and the opportunity to choose your days when it suits you best.
- Core hours – whether you want to enjoy an early gym session or pick up your children from school, you have the option to manage your own hours.
- Vitality private health care.
- BUPA dental care.
- Pension scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity package.
- 4 months full pay after 1 years’ service.
- 6 months full pay after 2 years’ service.
- Enhanced Paternity package.
- 4 weeks full pay after 1 years’ service.
- IVF support - giving you flexibility to attend appointments and recover from procedures.
- Additional Parental support - meaning you can be there for your family’s important moments’.
- Personal access to our independent Financial Advisor.
- Group income protection.
- Sabbatical after five years.
- Bike to Work Scheme.
- Weekly football and yoga sessions.
- adidas discount.
- 25 core days’ holiday.
- Three extra days can be used for religious holidays.
- Plus your birthday day off.
- Plus an extra day after two and five years of service.
- Climate Exchange Day.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
‘FOR THE FREE’ is our global DE&I strategy. Its aim is to create a business where everyone feels free to be themselves and has the same opportunity and access to progress. Our DE&I strategy encourages courageous thinkers who champion outsider perspectives. ‘FOR THE FREE’ has three main pillars of activity:
Diversity - We want to invite difference. To be an organisation that is fully representative of different groups and reflects the city, country and world that we live in. We value our talents’ lived experiences – including gender, race, class, disability, neuro-diversity and sexual orientation.
Equity - We want to be fair to everyone. To remove barriers for individuals and groups and provide the bespoke access, support and opportunities that are needed to fully participate in our organisation. We are levelling the playing field.
Inclusion - We want everyone to feel at home. To provide a place where people can be themselves, express their unique identity and contribute to the life of our community.
If you decide to apply for a role at Iris we will only keep the data provided by you for 2 years from the date we receive it, following which your data will then be destroyed. We have a legitimate interest to process the data you provide us and we will protect your rights in accordance with all applicable data legislation. If at any point you decide you would like us to delete the data we hold or have any more questions please email us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Creative Director
Closing 14 November 2021
- London, Leeds, Manchester (Temporarily Remote)
- perm, from remote
Sustainability Programme Director
Closing 7 December 2021
- Radley Yeldar
Associate Programme Director
Closing 30 November 2021
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.