Are you a senior journalist whose passion is digital? Are you ready for one of the biggest jobs in UK digital news journalism? Then this could be the role for you. Here at Reach plc we are looking to recruit an Associate Editor to join our Mirror Online team. We are looking for a confident experienced journalist who is used to working within a national newsroom environment previously before, and is looking to join our brilliant editorial team.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What you’ll do:
- Deputise for the Online Editor, when required, to run the site and represent Digital in senior editorial meetings.
- Lead team day-to-day, overseeing content and liaising with all departments to create a dynamic and diverse website.
- Implement editorial direction and strategy as set by the audience director.
- Lead digital conferences and represent the department in print equivalent.
- Work with the editorial director on new strategy and projects.
- Ensure all content is legally and IPSO compliant.
- Work closely with print colleagues (national and regional).
- Take interest in the development of staff and ensure the department’s culture is open and inclusive.
The Ideal Candidate:
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for someone with a strong background in digital media across national titles or a major regional title.
- You will be someone who loves to hit big audience targets and can help build a strong team to follow suit.
- You will be at ease when it comes to managing staff in a what can be a pressured and frequently changing environment.
- Someone who has an open and flexible approach with the ability to learn new skills fast - and to teach them to others!
- Most importantly you will have a passion for breaking stories and finding a way to present them in the best possible way across multiple platforms.
- A journalism qualification - NCTJ, Trinity Mirror or equivalent.
- Show flexibility in the role and willing to work - at times - unsociable hours, including weekends.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
SPORTbible Social Editor (News)
Closing 16 December 2020
- LADbible Group
- Manchester, London (Temporarily Remote)
- perm, from remote
Video Editor (Editorial)
Closing 19 December 2020
- LADbible Group
- Manchester (Temporarily Remote)
- perm, from remote
Want more Associate Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Journalist jobs, Managing Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.