Associate Editor, The Undefeated
Through the lens of sports, The Undefeated will be the premiere platform for intelligent analysis and celebration of Black culture and the African-American struggle for equality through the lens of sports, culture and news.
The Undefeated is currently seeking an Associate Editor at the Copy Desk to ensure the accuracy and consistency of style, text, syntax and grammar of feature articles, blog posts and graphics text. The ideal candidate will have experience as a copy editor with a developed sense of prose style and grammar, and outstanding interoffice and communication skills. This Associate Editor will also be required to assist senior editorial staff with any and all editorial needs they might have.
The Undefeated is located in Washington D.C. and this position requires the candidate live in the city or relocate for the position.
- The Associate Editor (copy desk) will typically edit several feature-length articles, shorter stories and video text per day.
- The job may also occasionally entail working on The Undefeated’s website, posting to and organizing the home page.
- The job is based in Washington D.C. and will require a significant office presence. Hours will be variable depending on the demands of the news cycle, and will sometimes require night and weekend work.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing and/or editing.
- Is a self-starter who is capable of managing a heavy workload and who has excellent time management skills.
- The candidate must be familiar with HTML as well as at least one of the following: AP style, The Chicago Manual of Style or The New York Times stylebook.
- Knowledge of a broad array of topic areas pursuant to The Undefeated’s major verticals.
- The job requires someone who is reliable, flexible, creative and pays close attention to detail.
- Well versed in African-American history.
- Minimum of 3 years of copy editing experience at a fast-paced digital or print news outlet.
- Experience in curating and producing content for digital platforms.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Vans Sr Copywriter
Closing 12 December 2019
- Costa Mesa
Copy Editor, App Store
Closing 12 December 2019
- Santa Clara Valley
Want more Associate Editor, The Undefeated jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.