Associate Editor, Light Reading
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry. Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech / AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers / NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology. Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
Helps the Light Reading editorial team deliver news and information quickly and consistently to a global audience of telecom, cloud and technology professionals. Schedule, coordinate and organize editors and freelancers to help with the smooth operation of Light Reading's editorial process.
Areas of responsibility and accountability:
- Edit and proofread Light Reading news, videos and podcasts for clarity, accuracy, style and quality.
- Stay in constant communication with fellow editors and freelance contributors to make sure assignments are met and content keeps moving along in our queue system.
- Make sure that content from editors and contributors is organized after publication and meets Light Reading's needs and requirements.
- Contribute to our daily social media postings and ensure they meet our publication's editorial standards for style, tone and voice.
- Various production-related tasks as assigned by the Editor-in-Chief, including helping route and post commercial content to specific site sections as needed.
- Excellent research and editing skills.
- Must have strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- The ability to learn and operate across two or three legacy content management systems.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML coding for our legacy CMS.
- Basic knowledge of photo, video or audio editing in a news context is helpful but not essential.
- Project management expertise is highly valued.
- Experience copy editing, proofreading or fact-checking in a daily newsroom or a similarly fast-paced, "always-on" environment.
- Familiarity with AP Style and Google's SEO recommendations for publishers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand an audience and to help tailor content to serve their needs.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Content Editor / Designer
Closing 29 November 2022
- AA plc
Creative Content Designer
Closing 25 January 2023
- perm, remote
Digital Copywriter and Content Manager
Closing 25 January 2023
- perm, remote
Want more Associate Editor, Light Reading jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Proofreader jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.