Associate Editor, Graphics
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY:
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Assists Senior Graphics Editors in the execution of their maps and information graphics. Initiates and completes thorough production checks of National Geographic Magazine maps and graphics. Creates original, publication-quality, maps for National Geographic stories in both web and print formats. Proposes, reports, and executes stand-alone alternative web story forms off the news of the day.
- Conducts rigorous production checks of maps/graphics created by senior graphic editors; “de-gates” NGM gatefold map/graphics for foreign partners. Converts NGM print map/graphics to web versions for NG website.
- Assures map/graphics are optimized for print. De-gating of NGM gatefold map/graphics converts files to useable formats for foreign editions. Conversion of NGM map/graphics files fulfills mandate to include these files in the online edition of NGM.
- Creates original maps/graphics for NGM print and web, as well as NG News for the web.
- Fulfills mandate to include maps/graphics in most NGM stories and NG News.
- Assist Senior Graphics Editors in the execution of their information graphics as needed through illustration, coding, editing, art directing and writing.
- Adds efficiency to the graphics group’s map/graphic creation process.
Helps manage and archive graphic files; supplies archived graphic files to video and social groups; represents graphics team at story review meetings when Senior Editors are not available.
- BS/BA in Science, Fine or Applied Arts, Cartography or Journalism.
- English; second language is helpful (Spanish).
- Basic math skills; solid reasoning skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines; ability to communicate clearly; solutions-oriented thinking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
LOGO creator for Musical Theatre
Closing 23 July 2019
- New York
- project: $150 to 500
Designer, CAD Bar III
Closing 23 July 2019
- New York
Want more Associate Editor, Graphics jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, News Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.