Associate Designer - Home Print & Textiles
Founded in 1992, Anthropologie operates more than 175 retail stores in North America and Europe, and ships to over 100 countries worldwide via our ecommerce channels. We cater to fashionable, educated, and creative women between the ages of 28 to 45, who desire an inspirational shopping experience. To that end, we are committed to exceeding her expectations in unexpected, delightful ways. Our unique product assortment includes women's apparel and accessories, home furnishings and décor, gifts, beauty, and found objects. Our mission is to provide our customer with an unimagined experience.
Title: Associate Designer – Home Print & Textiles.
Reports to: Senior Designer - Home Textiles.
The Associate Designer will contribute to the creation, development, and execution of own brand product appropriate for the Anthropologie customer.
- Contribute to overall brand print and specific artwork trend for each season.
- Collaborate with the design team and research, develop and present own print ideas.
- Style patterns into dynamic layouts, re-color prints, create repeats and rework vintage or bought original artwork into fashion prints for the Anthropologie customer.
- Collaborate with the Designer and Design Director each season to develop conceptual direction for the total artwork assortment.
- Set up Tech Packs for artwork on deadlines. Communicate Tech Pack needs and requirements to Product Development.
- The ability to recognize and accurately forecast fashion and cultural trends in relation to print, art and color.
- Creative Vision: Have the vision to identify print and artwork trends in their early stages and understand their impact to fashion, to be one step ahead for the aspirational customer. Have the expertise to take aspirational ideas, focusing on the key details and to make it work for a broader audience. Bring creative ideas that give Anthropologie a point of difference in the market without being too obscure.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and inspire: Excellent communication skills to communicate ideas and inspirations to others.
- Ability to research and report on industry print and art related trend direction, color direction, and technique innovations approximately 9-12 months ahead of season.
- Organizational skills necessary to manage multiple tasks and projects and complete them within deadlines.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative and innovative design solutions.
- Excellent hand sketching and CAD skill in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of overseas printing processes and all creative techniques in relation to silk screening, embroidery, flock, foil, embellishment and washing, dying treatments.
- Knowledge and ability to CAD up print repeats as final artwork, edit, color separate, recolor and match color from the seasonal palette.
- Keep up with new technology in the print industry. Digitally match colors to the printer for seasonal palette.
- 2-3+ years working in fashion designing, styling and reworking prints and patterns.
- Experience developing original textile prints.
- Excellent hand sketching and/or CAD skills in Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
Bachelors Degree in Fine Art, Illustration, or Textile Design is required.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Designer II, Snkrs
Closing 21 September 2019
- New York
Senior Digital Product Designer
Closing 21 September 2019
Want more Associate Designer - Home Print & Textiles jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Textile Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.