Associate Designer - Hardgoods
URBN is a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, Terrain and the Vetri Family. We are passionate, creative and entrepreneurial. We create unique retail experiences with an eye toward creativity and a singular focus on pleasing our customer.
Title: Associate Designer – Hard Goods.
Reports to: Sr. Designer.
Under supervision of the Senior Designer, the Associate Designer will design brand-appropriate product that fits within a season’s conceptual vision and addresses the needs of the customer. The Associate Designer possesses and applies knowledge of trends, materials, and technical design to prepare clear, detailed design briefs. Responsibilities include both 3D product design and generation of 2D print artwork for surface application within hard goods product categories: Tabletop, Decorative Accessories, Bath Accessories, Hardware, Wall Art, Garden, Home Fragrance, Desk Accessories, and Holiday Décor. The Associate Designer will bring new ideas to the team and will actively contribute to the design process as part of our highly creative and collaborative design team.
· Prepare clear, thorough design brief packages for multiple product concepts per season (including technical drawings, surface artwork, color, trim, finish, material, and technique reference).
· Create hand drawn, hand painted surface artwork within varied styles.
· Execute design revisions on your own as well as other designer’s products as needed.
· Meet all deadlines, adhering to the calendar.
· Participate in weekly team meetings, Proto Reviews, and Finalization meetings per season as needed.
· Partner with Buyers, Production, and Design Coordinators throughout development process.
· Always be inspired – Research and contribute product ideas, tears, and technique reference to fit within the concept and line plan.
· Develop vendor capability and hard goods production methods knowledge.
· Support Design Director on seasonal concept preparation as needed.
· Domestic travel throughout the year.
Qualifications & Job Skills:
2-3 years minimum of professional design experience in home furnishings or related field.
Exceptional eye for color & pattern.
Excellent drawing, sketching, and painting skills.
Experience with 3D design: form design, renderings, technical drawings.
Proven ability to translate 2D artwork to 3D surface application.
Ability to design within a wide variety of styles, themes, and materials.
Experience working across a variety of materials is a plus (ceramic, wood, metal, rattan, etc.).
Proficient using both Mac and PC.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office applications.
Excellent use of Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and 3D packages (solidworks or rhino).
Graphic Design/Illustration skills a plus (i.e. designing packaging for candles).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Highly motivated self starter able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Enjoys working on a collaborative team – able to give and receive constructive feedback on product concepts and designs.
Genuine appreciation and interest in homeware, the decorative arts, fashion, and current trends.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Fine Arts or a related field.
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Travel: Some domestic travel required.
Senior Designer, Digital Innovation
Closing 21 September 2019
Basketball Footwear Designer II - Nike Innovation (NXT)
Closing 20 September 2019
Want more Associate Designer - Hardgoods jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.