Associate Designer - Color & Concept
URBN is a portfolio of global consumer brands comprised of Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, Terrain and the Vetri Family. We are passionate, creative and entrepreneurial. We create unique retail experiences with an eye toward creativity and a singular focus on pleasing our customer.
Title: Associate Designer - Color and Concept.
Reports to: Design Director: Color.
Assist the Design Director in creation, development, and execution of seasonal color trend information appropriate for the Anthropologie customer. Focus on seasonal color trend direction and forward color trend reporting.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Posseses a unique and creative perspective
- Passionate and knowledgeable of fashion and runway trends.
- Knowledgeable of color theory and demonstrates a strong sense of color.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Displays an understanding of the Anthropologie customer and can speak to this in relation to color.
- Uses fashion trend knowledge when implementing color ideas.
- Knowledgeable of textile technology including dyeing and finishing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the supply chain and logistics associated with the delivery of finished product.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask in face paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design).
- Demonstrates strong presentations skills and attention to detail.
- Researches and creates color trend reports and seasonal runway reports for the use of cross-functional partners.
- Collaborates with Concept Design partners to research seasonal trends.
- Reacts to direction and feedback from Creative Director to develop focused concept materials and presentations.
- Support Design Director to compile imagery, copy, and color palettes for Color Concept presentations.
- Curates imagery and all supporting content for color concept pack communication and presentations.
- Actively searches for new resources for trend, design, and concept inspiration.
- Creates charts and digital palettes to help communicate seasonal color direction.
- Assumes accountability for individual responsibilities in each project.
- Manage the development of seasonal concept boards.
- Manage the distribution of seasonal packs and tools.
- Maintains the sample organization, color archive and filing system.
- Highly self-motivated and able to see through a creative vision from inception to completion.
- Shows enthusiasm for the product and communicates in a motivational way.
- Effectively communicates creative ideas to manager, cross-functional partners, and team.
- Practices goal-directed thinking and action in situations where no routine solutions exist.
- Identifies problems, researches possibilities, evaluates outcomes, and generates solutions.
- Proactively represents the department in all relevant meetings. Communicates relevant information to Design Director.
- Supports Design Director through the design process. Anticipates needs and prepares for the next phase.
- Collaborates effectively and positively with cross-functional partners.
- Communicates a clear point of view with ability to positively react to feedback.
2-3+ years working in fashion design or a related field.
Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design, Textile Design, or a related field is required.
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Principal Designer – MIA, Free
Closing 19 September 2019
- New York
Product Designer – Data Infrastructure
Closing 19 September 2019
- New York
Want more Associate Designer - Color & Concept jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Colour Stylist jobs, Concept Artist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.