Associate Creative Director - Art
Edelman NYC is seeking a ACD Art Director to join the team. This role is to work in partnership with an ACD Writer for which there is also an opening.
At Edelman, we believe brands have the responsibility to reflect and move culture. We advocate for ideas based on real insights and sound strategic opportunities. We then challenge ourselves to bring them to life with creative that speaks to people, not at them. Founded 68 years ago as public relations firm, crafting messages was and is part of what Edelman is, but we’ve evolved into a perennial award-inning creative agency.
Our number one goal is build ideas that earn attention of their own merits and inspire sharing. To do that, we lean into what people care about and want to talk about, and show our brands how we can serve those communities. We create work that captures journalists’ attention and generates coverage because the ideas are timely, relevant, push on cultural tensions, and have social purpose at the core.
Specifically, we are looking for an Associate Creative Director level Art Director, who can concept, craft and produce creative ideas across multiple accounts and projects. You must be self-motivated, detailed, and dedicated to bringing in ideas that are earned centric and social by design. You will be client-facing and collaborate with a cross-capability team to sell in work that solves real business problems. Your focus will be concepting activations and social campaigns for a group of fashion brands that is at the forefront of haul culture.
- Work in partnership with an Associate Creative Director, Copywriter and at the direction of creative leadership to concept and plan execution of integrated campaigns and programs across a wide range of media and platforms, especially social, digital, video, experiences and content.
- Create and design campaign ideas for client projects and new business pitches that are earned-first and social by design.
- Work in concert with a wide range of specialties including account, strategy, project management, and influencer.
- Develop tactics which bring creative concepts to life and achieve program objectives.
- Manage multiple jobs simultaneously; managing and providing direction to other team members as needed.
- Work closely with a project manager and production partners to schedule projects and coordinate production.
- Prepare and present client creative presentations; Drive client approval process.
- Work effectively with external vendors and internal colleagues to complete projects within timeframe and budget.
- Agency experience within a creative department.
- Extensive background of concept development and video and social platform executions.
- Ability to present work to key clients and internal stakeholders.
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail and handling them with a team oriented, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience maintaining client contact as needed and assist with budget and schedule development.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- 6 to 10 years’ creative experience.
- Previous roles in Advertising or Graphic Design, a portfolio of ideas and executions demonstrating strong layout and composition with a keen eye for typography and motion.
- A professional-level mastery of industry standard design software and tools including the full suite of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Production experience in art direction and design for video, digital and social platforms.
- Experience in influencer and or community management a plus.
- Pride in your previous work and the ability to speak to it clearly and concisely during the interview process.
**Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered**
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 19 March 2022
- perm, from remote
Associate Creative Director, Brand Design
Closing 20 March 2022
- New York
Senior Creative Copywriter
Closing 22 March 2022
- PepsiCo Design & Innovation
- Chicago, New York, Los Angeles
Want more Associate Creative Director - Art jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Director jobs, Digital Art Director jobs, Digital Creative Director jobs, Head of Creative jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.