Assistant VFX Editor
The assistant visual effects editor assists the VFX editor in providing support to the supervision, production and artist teams as well as working with other support departments. They help to ensure that reviews run smoothly and that artists have the correct reference and cut details.
Assisting the VFX Editor in:
- Processing turnover and keeping edits and databases up to date.
- Importing and checking new versions of vfx shots into Avid.
- Providing reference to artists, eg. witness cameras, line up, retime, resize reference to artists.
- Managing Avid media and storage.
- Maintaining editorial info in databases.
- Having an expert understanding of all editorial tools.
- Making and requesting selects for additional media requests e.g. element shoots.
- Liaising with Framestore Editorial at other offices.
- Liaising with cutting rooms when appropriate.
- Preparing for and driving dailies sessions and client meetings and deliveries.
- Working closely with internal production, artists and other support departments providing advice, reference, information and files when needed.
- Cutting showreels and project reels.
- Ensuring the review suites are kept at a high standard.
- Respecting confidentiality and media security policies.
- Solid experience and demonstrable proficiency using editing software.
- A understanding and interest in visual effects.
- An understanding of film and digital formats, files, frame rates, resolutions, colourspace and codecs.
- Experience using spreadsheets and databases and editing and presentation software.
- Excellent problem solving skills and self motivated and keen to learn new skills and applications and help to develop new tools and workflow.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong multi-tasker.
- Diligent and meticulous.
- A team player.
- Remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Possess a love of film and VFX.
- Working knowledge of Framestore editorial and production databases and software, eg. Shotgun, Avid, RV, Cinesync, Photoshop, Linux, VLC, Keynote, Baselight.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Designer and Animator
Closing 16 March 2022
- TMW Unlimited
- Covent Garden
Closing 13 March 2022
- Design Bridge
Closing 31 January 2022
- New Look
Want more Assistant VFX Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.