Assistant VFX Editor
The Editorial team at DNEG is essential for the production of our shows. Working hand in hand with our production team, the Assistant VFX Editor is responsible for supporting the VFX Editor in handling the majority of the editorial tasks required by a show.
Production will rely on the Assistant VFX Editor to have a thorough knowledge of all cuts of your show, keeping them updated with the latest scans while also maintaining shot and VFX databases. You’ll be responsible for organising and driving dailies sessions and client meetings while assisting the VFX Editor with turnover and client delivery. When required, you will be asked to cover the work of the VFX Editor.
There is also a creative element to the role to assist the PR and HR teams with promotional material and in-house initiatives. Throughout the year, the company also requests new showreels highlighting our work on shows.
Mentoring the Editorial Assistants is a core part of the role of Assistant VFX Editor and is actively encouraged by DNEG.
- Proven experience working in a VFX Editorial Department on high-end long-form productions (TV/Feature Films).
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
- Solid understanding of all editorial tools.
- A firm understanding of the VFX process and terminology.
- Good understanding of Film and HD video formats, files, frame rates and resolutions.
- Encoding/transcoding experience, sound understanding of video codecs and file formats.
Nice to Have:
- 2K Playback systems such as Baselight, Framecycler or RV.
- Fedora Linux (basic).
- LUTS and colour space experience.
- Experience using Adobe Media Encoder and shot tracking databases such as Shotgun or Filemaker.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Self motivated.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to multi task.
- Quick on your feet.
- Excellent communicator.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Internships 2020/21: ESPN Editorial
Closing 27 December 2019
In-Store Visual Merchandiser
Closing 16 December 2019
Want more Assistant VFX Editor jobs?
Want to find more Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.