Assistant Social Media Manager
Our online channels are experiencing incredible growth, which shows no signs of slowing. With an online presence in over 100 markets, are you ready to take our digital customer experiences to the next level as we turbocharge.com?
You'll also be joining us at an exciting time, as we have ambitious plans to drive online growth and create outstanding omnichannel experiences for our customers, as part of the wider transformation of M&S. If you thrive in ambiguity, enjoy being part of a problem-solving team, and are excited by changes that improve experiences of colleagues and customers, join us!
We have ambitious growth plans for our social media channels which is why we are expanding the team, and on the look-out for a talented, creative and passionate individual who lives and breathes digital content and social.
You will be joining the team at a pivotal time as we execute our new social strategy across Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Pinterest and Twitter along-side our social and influencer agencies.
Working across our key business units of womenswear, menswear, kidswear, lingerie, home & beauty you will be simultaneously working on exciting campaigns and projects as we grow the business and our social channels. From working on exclusive social edits of the M&S Christmas ad, to creating Reels and Tik Toks with the most-in demand talent and influencers, to producing AR filters for the latest thumb stopping campaign, the role is fast paced and exciting with no two days the same.
Inspiring customers to shop with us is at the heart of what we do, connecting them to the most stylish product with fit for platform, innovative and engaging content. We are looking for someone to join our current team of three with a creative mindset and experience working in a fast paced environment for a retail or lifestyle brand. The role reports into the Social Media Manager and involves working closely with the two Social Media Executives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Social Media Manager in planning, developing and executing the social strategy briefing and creating content to support key campaigns and categories as required and communicating plans to stake-holders in the business
- Research and identify content opportunities based on platform developments and current trends working with various teams within the business to help bring them to life.
- Identify and pitch style perception increasing Influencers to key internal teams and stakeholders in response to briefs, taking into consideration the different content forms and platforms available.
- Seek out opportunities to be reactive, using influencers and UGC content playing into key moments and trends
- Support in the management of our internal influencer programme, M&S Insiders, briefing them on upcoming campaigns and supporting them with training whilst ensuring we are utilising the assets across the business.
- Help build out reporting and listening capabilities using Sprinklr regularly updating the wider teams on how things are performing whilst coming up with recommendations on the back of the results.
- Alongside our agency partners, support on tactical and seasonal campaigns working closely with our marketing teams and internal and external creative teams on fit for platform content. (some shoot attendance may be required)
- Asset management of our UGC and Influencer content, working closely with CRM, PR, affiliates, and .com to ensure the content is being utilised.
- Support the Social Media executives on posting plans and content sign off helping with scheduling and reporting of assets for the key channels as required (could involve some weekend or evening work)
- Support the Social Media Executives in writing and signing off copy for our social posts and for briefs taking into consideration our brand tone of voice and strategy.
- Help in the development of platform specific strategies for new, existing or emerging channels such as Tik Tok and organic You Tube working with our agency partners making recommendations for fit for platform assets and creator collaborations in order to support the growth of the channels.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships across the various internal teams we work with including, marketing, creative, PR .com, retail, corporate comms as well as our external agency partner agencies.
- 3-5 years experience working within retail or lifestyle sector either in house or agency side with a strong background in content creation.
- A creative thinker, brimming with ideas on how to take the M&S Social and influencer space to the next level with thump stopping content that drives our key KPIs including engagement, traffic and style perception.
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape and key platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter and Pinterest. (essential) with an interest in emerging platforms and tech.
- Strong understanding of the Influencer space with good knowledge of the key players in the industry.
- Understanding of social media scheduling and analytics tools.
- Copywriting (essential)
- Commercially minded with strong business acumen
- Interest in fashion/beauty/home
- Ability to work to deadlines, simultaneously managing multiple projects, reacting quickly in a fast paced environment often under pressure.
- Impeccable organisation skills, knowing what to prioritise to ensure deadlines are met.
- A proactive, self-starter with the ability to work alone or as part of a group.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us at an exciting time of change and transformation! In exchange for your experience, we will reward you with a competitive salary and market leading benefits package.
Interested? Apply here!
Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process. Applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Social Media & Content Manager
Closing 15 March 2022
- TC Communications Plc
- London (Remote)
- perm, remote, temp to perm, from remote
Social Media Assistant – Branded Entertainment
Closing 26 January 2022
- Channel 4
Growth Communications Manager - CRM & Content
Closing 31 January 2022
- Royal Bank of Scotland
Want more Assistant Social Media Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.