The Assistant Producer contributes to building and producing CNBC‘s business news shows and show segments, working with the Executive Producer on overall content and production. The role is ideal for you if you are looking to build on existing experience in TV News production with experience in, or a real passion for business, economics, and financial markets.
- Assist in building compelling business news content for CNBC's core programming.
- Writing scripts, building graphics and selecting video, soundbites and sound elements for the show.
- Building guest and reporter segments using iNews and CNBC’s in-house systems.
- Producing show graphics including straps, full frame graphics and video wall elements.
- Booking and pursuing top guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
- Developing strong reporting skills in interviewing and pre-interviewing guests.
- Researching, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling content to develop strong news discernment.
- Fulfilling an assistant gallery production role.
- Occasional assignment to CNBC’s live or pre-recorded outside broadcasts.
- Communicating with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors and operations staff.
- Collaborating with departments, especially operations, the gallery and graphics, to make the best possible programming. Work with CNBC global teams as necessary.
You will have:
• A university Degree or equivalent and a real passion for/or experience in business news, economics and financial markets.
• Previous experience in TV News Production and monitoring, selecting and delivering breaking news.
• Capability to handle short deadlines and work in a face-paced and demanding news environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of INews or similar TV Production and graphics systems.
• A deep understanding of the role of Social Media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- High standard of written English.
- Additional languages would be beneficial.
CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information. CNBC’s international operations include regional networks in Europe and Asia-Pacific that provide the latest market information, unrivalled coverage of breaking news, in-depth analysis, and interviews with business leaders. CNBC in Europe reaches more than 110 million households, in addition to leading banks, financial institutions, and hotels across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. CNBC in Asia-Pacific reaches more than 70 million households in 21 countries.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
VFX Producer - Film
Closing 22 October 2019
Creative Producer - FTC
Closing 18 October 2019
- 24 Seven
- temp, temp to perm
- £100 to 120 /day
Want more Assistant Producer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.