We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join The BBC Audio unit in Bristol on a 6 months fixed term contract.
The BBC Audio unit in Bristol is made up of producers, assistant producers and production co-ordinators creating programmes across arts, poetry, drama, factual, farming, food and the environment on BBC Sounds, Radio 4, Radio 3 and the World Service. We are known for high profile series like Farming Today, Costing the Earth and the Food Programme, and also much loved titles including Poetry Please, The Patch, Soul Music, Forest 404, Word of Mouth, the Untold, One to One, and Great Lives. We also make podcasts such as Evil Genius with Russell Kane, and Wheel of Misfortune.
We are looking for an Assistant Producer who shares our love of story telling. Someone with the confidence in finding possible interviewees and booking guests for programmes, working out what they will say and how they can shape the story. We are looking for someone with excellent research skills and who can demonstrate basic Journalism skills.
You’ll know how to tell a story, whether it's visual, audio or the written word and love finding stories and thinking of new ways to tell stories we might already know.
Are you the right candidate?
- You will have experience of long-form programming in television or audio.
- You should be computer literate - comfortable using Word, Excel, and have experience of editing tools (eg Sadie or Startrack).
- You enjoy being part of a team (even in pandemic times).
- You'll be calm in a crisis, a quick thinker, and ready to find joy in every situation.
- You love listening to audio, and have plenty of ideas for new kinds of podcasts and programmes.
Please note that the application process will only ask you to upload a CV. The second stage of the application process if successful will be a video interview, we will ask you to answer 3 role specific question in a video. If you are uncomfortable with this or need any reasonable adjustments please contact us.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output.
About the BBC:
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.
Digital Content Executive
Closing 7 December 2020
- Hargreaves Lansdown
- perm, remote, temp to perm, part time
Want more Assistant Producer jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Edit Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.