Assistant Producer - Radio
Somethin' Else are looking for an Assistant Producer with a great love of radio and podcasts to work on the highly prestigious flagship BBC programmes Gardners' Question Time and The Kitchen Cabinet on BBC Radio 4. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that make high impact radio across the UK.
The successful candidate will be passionate about storytelling, have a track record of working within team, excellent research abilities and be extraordinarily organised with a keen eye for detail. Some knowledge and/or interest in horticulture and food is a plus.
In this role you will learn how to craft a hit BBC radio show and everything that goes into making a show in front of a large audience. You will conduct research, draft scripts, be across expenses, speak to and book contributors, source fantastic stories from across the UK, pitch and produce radio features, liaise with host groups, edit programmes under supervision and be across programme delivery and text. As a key member of our BBC Radio 4 team, you’d be expected to take part in decisions regarding schedule, strategy, and creative direction.
This is an entry level job in radio production where you will learn the nuts and bolts of the trade. The role is a full-time and involves hybrid working, with some days in our vibrant Shoreditch office and some days working from home. To apply for this position, you will need the right to work in the UK.
What you'll do:
- Venue and talent research, call sheets, coordination and booking of live shows.
- Independently produce radio packages for a large audience. This entails conducting research, writing briefs, recording interviews on location, editing and scripting.
- Share innovative and creative ideas alongside storytelling skills to help develop and promote the programmes.
- Travel across the UK to help record programmes.
- Monitor the programmes social media accounts and inbox.
- Deliver programmes to the network and be across all necessary paperwork.
- Work closely with the rest of the team and support producers when they need it during live recordings.
- Be across the technical requirements for recordings in studio, on location and during live shows.
Who you are:
- An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management.
- Previous experience in broadcasting or similar.
- You are thorough and thoughtful in your approach to problem solving.
- You have a knack for rolling up your sleeves and exploring new possibilities along with a can-do attitude.
- Solid editorial judgement and some knowledge of the BBC’s editorial guidelines.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Other jobs you may be interested in
VFX Producer, Landmark Series - BBC Studios, The Science Unit
Closing 30 November 2022
- London and Remote
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Closing 25 January 2023
- Michael Kors
Live Producer - EA SPORTS FC
Closing 25 January 2023
- Electronic Arts
- perm, remote
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.