Assistant Packaging Technologist
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years.
We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow beauty and are passionate about offering real beauty for the real woman in an inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
- To learn about all types of packaging materials available and their applications.
- To understand the manufacturing processes of paper based and plastic packaging.
- Warehouse requirements, including storage categories, labelling requirements and high bay limitations.
- Legal requirements – labelling, safety warnings, handling symbols etc.
- Pack assessment procedure - Assessing products for fragility and the level of shock protection needed.
- Maintaining and managing Branded label processes.
- Packsys training and waste data management
- Understanding and keeping up to date on Manufacturing costs & processes.
- Interest and understanding of sustainable packaging and environmental impacts
- Environmental awareness and our company’s obligations.
- To assist the product technologists with research, benchmarking new technical innovations
- Work closely with MED/QA team at warehouse on testing new and current packaging
- Gain understanding of each function within Head Office and Logistics and how this integrates across all areas.
What you will need to succeed:
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Be able to pay attention to detail
- Be able to work to deadlines
- IT skills- word, excel and illustrator usage and understanding
- Highly organised
- Keen to learn
- Basic analytical skills
- High level on communication skills – verbal and written
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training as well exciting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our people are energetic, enthusiastic and proud to work for a company that is committed to making the customer look and feel amazing. If you are able to demonstrate these qualities and the have the desired experience, why not apply today?
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 2 August 2023
Designer - Menswear
Closing 15 July 2023
- N Brown Group plc
Closing 17 July 2023
£Competitive salary plus benefits
Want more Assistant Packaging Technologist jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, Packaging Technologist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.