Assistant Graphic Designer (Part time, 3 months contract)
Working 2 days a week for 3 months, the successful candidate can operate as a freelancer or be employed directly by Next Sourcing.
About the team:
Now 1 year old, the team have helped source and develop the Ted Baker Childrenswear and Oasis Girlswear ranges and are currently working with 5 other brands, with this number set to increase. This role is a great opportunity to develop your skill set and get involved with one of the fastest growing areas in the business.
About the role:
- Work closely with the Licence Sales Manager and Garment Designer to create graphics for exciting multi-product collections for different brands.
- Liaise with overseas territories to find new print techniques.
- Work closely with Next Sourcing global offices to develop and progress your product.
- Identify new graphic trends from catwalks, internet research and inspiration shopping.
- React quickly to changes whilst ensuring everything you produce drives newness and meets design standards.
- Highly creative with a passion for identifying new graphic trends that will excite the buyers and brands.
- Experienced in designing Childrenswear graphics. Womenswear is a bonus.
- Able to create placement graphics, as well as AOP prints, in a broad range of graphic and hand-painted handwritings
- Experience of designingembroideries and embellishments.
- Able to spec artworks for tech packs.
- Excellent communicator and able to work both as part of a team and independently on projects and briefs.
- Organised and able to manage working on several projects simultaneously.
- Positive, and self-motivated with a can do attitude who loves to see the end results.
- Confident presenting to buying teams and senior management.
Skills and Qualifications you have:
- Qualified to degree or HND level in Design or similar subject.
- Competent user of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please note, as part of the application process we require you to submit examples of your portfolio, please ensure you provide a link to your portfolio in the cover letter section of your application.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Pension Scheme.
- ShareSave Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Staff Discount.
- On-site Nursery.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Lebanese Street Food Wall Design
Closing 20 December 2020
Want more Assistant Graphic Designer (Part time, 3 months contract) jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.