Assistant Graphic Designer - Men's
About old navy:
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role:
As an Old Navy Assistant Graphic Designer, you will dive right in at ground level, learning from and supporting the Graphics team in the creation of season-after-season of fun, optimistic & original art. Production work, building presentations, assisting in art creation and generally being ready for anything are the FUNdamental pillars of this role.
What you'll do:
- Assist team in development and production of world-classon-trend apparel graphics that support Old Navy seasonal family messages andalign with divisional design concepts.
- Develop an understanding of seasonal graphic trends and provideanalysis through online/in-store research, as well as gather relevantinspiration outside of apparel that speaks to over-arching aesthetic trends.
- Contribute to creation of seasonal concepts with team.
- Assist in creating and maintaining seasonal color palates.
- Assist in building presentation boards and materials.
- Develop solid understanding of graphic layout, type, technique,color and detail.
- Assist in gathering all relevant development information anddocumentation legal review time.
- Assist Senior Design staff in ensuring that all graphic andproduction reviews are well documented and clear action items are elevated andaddressed.
- Prepare and maintain graphic artwork production files asneeded against seasonal milestones and pipeline production considerations.
- Archive samples, digital files, etc.
- 25% Concept & Design/75% Production & tactical.
Who you are:
- BA Graphic Design preferred or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years apparel graphic experience.
- Awareness of graphics production (e.g., printing methods,apparel graphic techniques, etc.).
- Strong computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign,etc.).
- Strong hand skills (Illustration, painting, drawing).
- Strong time management, interpersonal communication andorganizational skills.
- Strong sense of image and type.
Benefits at old navy:
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- see more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees:
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the best places to work by the humans rights campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 bloomberg gender-equality index for the second year in a row.
Senior Graphic Designer
Closing 22 October 2019
- Monster Energy
Design - 3D Visualization Internship (Spring 2020)
Closing 19 October 2019
Want more Assistant Graphic Designer - Men's jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.