Assistant Film Editor (Fashion)
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented full-time Assistant Film Editor to join an innovative online fashion platform focused on producing online live events within the fashion industry.
The successful applicant must have extensive knowledge of Premiere Pro, including offline editing, motion graphics, compositing and colour grading. You must have a strong understanding of video compressions and conversions with programs such as Media Encoder. You will have experience editing interview content, able to quickly and precisely sync audio and follow timecodes. Along with very strong technical ability you will love fashion and film, and have a creative, motivated approach. You will be working on all different scopes of projects, from editorial to main fashion, and many more briefs.
Responsibilities will include:
* Preparing films for the site, inserting title cards, processing video compressions and uploading videos in multiple platforms.
* Preparing video footage for the edit and transferring files to an edit-friendly format.
* Uploading videos to the site and to our social network outlets such as Facebook, Youtube and Vimeo.
* Formatting films to requested specs.
* Making Instagram assets from archive & new pieces of content.
* Editing Interviews.
* Editing process film/behind the scenes content.
* Doing selects on raw footage for fashion film.
* Filming on set under the direction of the head of the department.
* Filming interviews.
* Filming b-roll/extra content for films/interviews.
* Pulling additional imagery via online research for content.
* Doing visual research for project reference.
* Researching new technology and how it can be implemented into our practice.
* Machine upkeep and organisation.
* Project archival and file organisation.
Necessary Skill Set:
* Working knowledge of mac computer systems and programs.
* Advanced in knowledge in Premiere Pro.
* Familiar with working with the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, After Effects and Media Encoder.
* Knowledge of cameras and how to use them.
* 2-4 years experience as a Film Editor.
* A comprehensive understanding of the filmmaking process.
* Highly-organised and detail-orientated.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diplomatic and proactive approach.
* Able to deal with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* You must be a quick problem solver who can turn around edits quickly.
* You must be able to take direction and work well within a team.
* Have a strong appreciation of Fashion Film.
Please send CV and showreel stating your salary expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Lead Motion Graphic Designer
Closing 31 December 2020
- Tomorrow Recruitment
- £50,000 to 65,000 per annum
Commissioning Editor, Entertainment and Live Events (12mth FTC)
Closing 6 December 2020
- Channel 4
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Assistant Film Editor (Fashion) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Compositor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.