Assistant Editor - Part Time
About The Role:
Blue Zoo is currently searching for a super-keen Assistant Editor to join our Story team on a new high-end CG TV Series within the studio. This contract is Part Time and the successful candidate would work 2 days a week.
We anticipate the role to start soon with an end date of Feb 2021.
Day to Day:
- Work closely with the editors to keep on top of schedules and organise media across productions.
- Cut the initial assembly of animatics with an emphasis on timing.
- Keep edits updated throughout the various production stages.
- Communicate regularly with sound studio, from initial voice records to final mixes.
- Be organised and efficient when handling turnovers and final deliveries.
- Handling requests from production for various exports.
- Work closely and communicate well across in-house departments.
- Assisting in the reviewing and critiques of work-in-progress.
- Familiarity with Adobe Premier Pro.
- Good IT skills and the ability to pick up new software.
- A good understanding of film and digital formats, files, frame rates, resolutions, colour space and codecs.
- A strong focus on narrative-based editing.
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop is preferred but not required.
Blue Zoo is a leading animation studio in the UK, with a world-class reputation as the go-to place for creating bold, fun and characterful animation. Established in London in 2000, the studio has grown to become the largest dedicated CG animation studio in the UK, picking up a shelf full of BAFTAs along the way.
The studio is going through an exciting period of growth and we are building a studio that is full of amazingly talented, happy artists, making work they are proud of, which in turn makes a small contribution to a happier world.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and are motivated by change. You’ll work alongside a talented and diverse group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
What we’ve got for you (benefits):
- Winner of Best Places to Work in TV 2019 and 2020!
- Inclusive self-funded shorts programme.
- Many fun social events throughout the year - even though they have to be remote for the foreseeable!
- Bi-monthly staff feedback and engagement programme.
- Friday "beer o'clock" and talks programme!
- Comprehensive benefits package, including loads of discounts and offers.
- Online wellbeing programme.
- Profit participation (for staff who have been with us for 2+ years).
Blue Zoo is committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive studio that promotes and values diversity and invites everyone to ‘bring their whole selves’ to work. We believe that companies that truly embrace and value diversity, and create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, are better companies.
To be engaged our people have to feel included and valued. We work hard to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is embedded in the way we work, not just an initiative. We strive to engender a studio community that feels a deep sense of pride and commitment that transcends any role, department or level and works together to produce excellent and engaging work.
Sub Editor - Video
Closing 1 February 2021
- LADbible Group
Closing 31 January 2021
- National Geographic
Want more Assistant Editor - Part Time jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Compositor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.