Assistant Editor, Fortune
FORTUNE is looking for a sharp, organized, and ambitious journalist to take on the role of associate editor for news in London.
- Contribute to a team of Europe-based writers and editors that covers business news for a primarily U.S.-based audience.
- Write breaking news stories across a variety of topics—tech, finance, macroeconomics, leadership—for American readers.
- Edit breaking news stories with confidence.
- Be a utility player, jumping between writing and editing duties with ease.
- Have an especially keen interest in how Fortune 500 companies and their upstart disruptors operate in Europe and how the region, with its unique regulatory climate, plays into their global strategies.
- Be eager to develop, pitch, and write magazine-style enterprise stories on the European business beat.
- Collaborate with other Fortune editors to refine your work, think through story ideas, and sharpen your words.
- Experienced. You will have no less than one year of experience as a reporter, writer, or editor with a focus on business news in Europe. You know how to take a complicated subject and break it down into something that’s understandable and interesting to our reader.
- Bilingual. Fluency in German and/or French—in addition to English!—is a plus.
- Engaged. Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your collegiality is contagious.
- Digital. You’re familiar with the social web and how digital information is distributed today. You understand how to play on a distributed and digital editorial team. You’re willing to rethink existing editorial processes to make them more effective.
- Excited. Fortune aims to be a vibrant destination for business news. You’re ready to embody and evangelize that mission.
Nuke/AFX compositor #Lux #Fashion #Beauty #Lifestyle
Closing 19 July 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £275 to 300 /day
Closing 10 August 2019
- Neptune Europe Ltd
- Competitive Salary
Want more Assistant Editor, Fortune jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.