Assistant Editor, Fortune
ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms—including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video—to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches nearly 175 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 80 percent of U.S. millennial women. Meredith is a leader in creating content across media platforms and life stages in key consumer interest areas, such as celebrity, food, lifestyle, home, parenting, beauty and fashion. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S., and The Foundry, the company's state-of-the-art creative lab and content studio. Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 television stations reaching more than 11 percent of U.S. households.
FORTUNE is looking for a sharp, organized, and ambitious journalist to take on the role of associate editor for news in London.
- Contribute to a team of Europe-based writers and editors that covers business news for a primarily U.S.-based audience.
- Write breaking news stories across a variety of topics—tech, finance, macroeconomics, leadership—for American readers.
- Edit breaking news stories with confidence.
- Be a utility player, jumping between writing and editing duties with ease.
- Have an especially keen interest in how Fortune 500 companies and their upstart disruptors operate in Europe and how the region, with its unique regulatory climate, plays into their global strategies.
- Be eager to develop, pitch, and write magazine-style enterprise stories on the European business beat.
- Collaborate with other Fortune editors to refine your work, think through story ideas, and sharpen your words.
- Experienced. You will have no less than one year of experience as a reporter, writer, or editor with a focus on business news in Europe. You know how to take a complicated subject and break it down into something that’s understandable and interesting to our reader.
- Bilingual. Fluency in German and/or French—in addition to English!—is a plus.
- Engaged. Your work ethic is formidable. Your competitive streak is healthy. Your collegiality is contagious.
- Digital. You’re familiar with the social web and how digital information is distributed today. You understand how to play on a distributed and digital editorial team. You’re willing to rethink existing editorial processes to make them more effective.
- Excited. Fortune aims to be a vibrant destination for business news. You’re ready to embody and evangelize that mission.
Closing 13 July 2019
- All Saints
Closing 21 June 2019
- Sisley Paris Ltd
Want more Assistant Editor, Fortune jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Broadcast Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.