Assistant Editor - F1000Research (Life Sciences)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-organised individual with strong English language skills, excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a good eye for detail to join the team as an Assistant Editor on F1000Research (F1000Research.com) and across our open research platforms (openresearchcentral.org), including our publishing platforms for Wellcome and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
F1000 Research is an innovative open research publisher of scientific, scholarly, translational and clinical research across the physical and life sciences, engineering, medicine, humanities and the social sciences. The F1000 Research publishing system combines the ability to publish rapidly with functionality to ensure transparency, robustness and reproducibility of research. The publishing model combines the benefits of ‘pre-printing’ (providing rapid publication) with quality and transparency (open data and open peer review) and enables publication within days of submission, followed by open invited peer review.
The role will involve a wide range of tasks including assessing articles and associated research data for appropriateness and editorial quality, some basic editing and tagging, and communication with external members of the research community.
The successful candidate will also need to be a strong team player who enjoys interacting with people and be fully computer literate. Previous editorial experience is desirable but not necessary as full training will be provided.
What you will be doing:
- Processing submissions for appropriateness and editorial quality, with some basic editing where required.
- Appropriate tagging of submissions to the relevant scientific sections within the database.
- Providing support for authors using our online submission systems, and managing the resolution of any queries with the appropriate individuals within the team.
- Maintaining content management databases and ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Providing cover for, and assistance to, other team members as required.
- Suggesting improvements to working practices of the team.
What we are looking for:
- Graduate in Life Sciences desirable but not essential.
- Broad interest in academic research and publishing.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys interacting with people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong English language skills.
- Computer skills essential – especially Word, Excel, Internet searching - and understanding of an online environment.
- Pro-active, resourceful and a good team player.
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
What we offer in return:
- £25,000 per annum.
- 25 days annual leave.
- 4 volunteering days annually.
- Day off for your birthday.
- Pension contributions.
- Seasonal social and charitable events.
- Training and development.
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom.
F1000 Research Ltd, as part of Taylor & Francis Group, is an Equal Opportunities Employee.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business:
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
Closing 26 September 2020
- Charlotte Tilbury
Assistant Editor - News & Investigations
Closing 6 October 2020
Want more Assistant Editor - F1000Research (Life Sciences) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.