Assistant Director – Product Designer
Moody’s empowers people to make better decisions and achieve brighter futures. This is what motivates us to bring out the best in our products and our people. Join us. Forward Together.
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at Moodys.
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our client's growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Department: Digital Insights OU.
The Product Designer is a highly skilled practitioner responsible for the design and delivery of exceptional end user experiences. This individual employs a user-centered design methodology by representing customer needs throughout the full product development cycle. The Product Designer works closely with user experience team members, product strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into compelling interactive experiences.
The Product Designer works in a multidisciplinary environment, and in a collaborative fashion, on user experience design activities throughout the software development lifecycle, often with numerous design initiatives occurring concurrently.
This individual contributes to the overall look and feel of interactive user interfaces across multiple products and platforms.
- Lead the interaction design of user interfaces across multiple products and platforms.
- Simplify and unify complex information into intuitive interactions, flows, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation.
- Employ user-centered design methods to develop user interface specifications such as use cases, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and final user interface documentation.
- Create detailed specifications of interactions and visual designs to communicate with developers.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of developed pages to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Contribute to the creation of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Contribute to the creation of a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviors across multiple products.
- Participate in the definition of the user-centered design methodology.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree or similar required.
- 5+ years of experience as a designer of mobile & web interfaces.
- Skilled practitioner with expertise in the interaction and visual design, production and presentation of user interfaces that supports the needs of the customer.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Experience with user-centered design patterns and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline.
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity and passion for challenges.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with Material UI.
- Strong knowledge of design tools such as Figma.
- Familiarity with Github, HTML, CSS, etc.
- Experience with Dovetail, Jira, Miro, etc.
- Experience in financial environment preferred.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination on start date, as determined by Moody’s.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, get in touch with us. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
For Colorado-based roles only: the anticipated base salary range for this position is $ [ ] to $ [ ], depending on factors such as experience, education, level, skills, and location. This range is based on a full-time position. In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for annual performance incentive compensation. Moody’s also offers a competitive benefits package, including not but limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, life, disability, and accident insurance, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Product Design Director, AR Design
Closing 26 November 2022
- perm, remote
Closing 26 November 2022
- perm, remote
UI/UX Designer - Rocksmith+
Closing 29 November 2022
- perm, remote
Want more Assistant Director – Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.