Assistant Designer - Menswear
Want to see your designs worn by millions? Here at ASOS we are looking for someone with a passion for the ASOS DESIGN collection to join our Menswear design team! If you love creativity and designing product for the 20 something customer, researching the latest trends and want to be part of a fast-paced fashion forward design team this could be the opportunity for you!
As an Assistant Designer you will be working closely with the Senior Designer, designing amazing product for our twenty something customer. If you love fashion design, researching the latest trends and want to be part of a fast-paced fashion forward design team, this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing…
- Researching new and emerging trends, catwalks, vintage and street style.
Supporting your respective designer to create new and exciting designs and ranges.
- Fabric research and sourcing.
- Managing admin duties to ensure the department runs smoothly.
- Liaising with other functions within and outside of the business including buying, merchandising and suppliers.
- Making packs using InDesign / Illustrator.
We would love to meet someone with:
- Knowledge and experience within casual and smart product or someone with keen interest in learning these departments.
- The ability to create flat design drawings and specs to factory standard.
- Experience in working with pattern cutters to create factory standard patterns.
- Experience of creating 3D garment toile’s, draping and cutting to create silhouettes on a mannequin.
- Experience working with/ briefing graphic designers.
- A good understanding of the ASOS brand and customer.
- Great time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work in fast moving and reactive business with multiple deadlines.
- Experience within a design room environment.
- Is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Is fashion forward.
- Good organisational skills.
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more.
Design at ASOS:
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
The Design Team look for inspiration all around the world. They look to street style, vintage shopping, music, art, the catwalk and all things creative to design the latest product for the ASOS ranges. It’s all about newness and designing the most exciting product for our 20-something customer, whatever their style.
Senior Garment Technologist - Womenswear Lingerie (FTC)
Closing 13 December 2020
- ASOS plc
Junior Graphic Designer - Boohooman
Closing 19 December 2020
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.