Assistant Designer, Levi's Graphics, Men's Apparel
We believe that clothes—and how you make them—can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been passionate about innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to progress, authenticity and collaboration.
We’re looking for an Assistant Designer to support the graphic design needs for our Levi’s Men’s Apparel category. You will be ready to develop your existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. You’ll contribute to our design vision that inspires both global and local creative hubs and brings our product to life, reflecting an understanding of and passion for the Levi’s brand. You're responsible for supporting the creative direction of graphics with an understanding of print, typography, layout and graphic production that will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also essential to supporting the team and driving brand strategy and vision.
About the Job:
- Reporting in to the Designer, Levi’s Graphics, Men’s Apparel.
- Collaboration with vendors, senior team members and cross-functional teams (product development, merchandising and marketing).
- Production artistry: build physical and print ready digital mechanicals, photo compositing and color correction.
- Support the team throughout the development of seasonal package design, POS graphic development, and graphic tee design and development.
- Produce attractive designs.
- Organize and archiving creative assets.
- Offer input to creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Research in the form of: color theory, font families, building print techniques, comp shopping, new production processes.
- You’re collaborative, hard-working, adaptable, humble and strategic.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Illustration, Graphic Design, Printed Textile or other relevant design field.
- 1-3 years’ work experience in a design environment, preferably apparel-based.
- You’ve developed an excellent portfolio of design, exemplifying your creative process and trend research.
- You have strong hand sketching and illustration skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Suite and Excel; PLM experience/exposure is desired.
- Foundation in print graphics and print production.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs (i.e. packages, racks).
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations.
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise.
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Converse-D2 Women’s Graphic Designer
Closing 13 August 2019
Go-To-Market Brand Designer - DC Shoes
Closing 14 August 2019
- Boardriders Inc.
- Huntington Beach
Want more Assistant Designer, Levi's Graphics, Men's Apparel jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.