Assistant Designer - Clothing
Our design teams are key to delivering our ‘brands that deliver’ strategy and have overall responsibility for delivery of all trend and product development for a given category. We ensure that Sainsbury’s provides our customers with attractive new trends that are sourced in line with our values and customer expectations.
We’re a friendly team who are passionate about all things clothing and design, doing the right thing, and making things better for our customers, colleagues and for our environment. We absolutely see the value in allowing our colleagues to work flexibly and that’s why our ways of working policy allows you to maintain a great work/life balance and gives you the opportunity to make your hours work for you.
This role supports delivery of a Category Design Strategy that keeps Tu clothing relevant for all its customers. You will be obsessed with delivering product to surprise, delight and exceed our customers’ expectations, ensuring a consistent approach in all our channels. You will do this by supporting the Senior Designer and Designer, providing creative support in the creation and development of innovative product ranges for the Tu Clothing customer base.
As an Assistant Designer you’ll:
- Support the Senior Designer and Designer with development and delivery of the Design Strategy within a given category by assisting with preparation for Seasonal Intent, in formulating trend and colour boards for presentations and with all required research needed to achieve this.
- Support the Designer, to design products and assist in completion of design spec sheets and packs in line with critical path.
- Send design packs to relevant suppliers directly or through liaising with Asia Design / Global Sourcing, ensuring all critical path dates are met.
- Undertake comp shops and create trend reports for the team.
- Colour management of Pantones and Sainsbury's colour standards.
- Provide CAD support for key meetings as required and be responsible for upkeep of design/artwork files.
- Work with the Sample Coordination team to manage all bought inspiration samples.
- Know our customer – design with the customer at the heart of every product decision. Work with customer profile boards and understand when shifts occur.
- Partner with Global Sourcing to build strong relationships with Global Supply Base.
Our Design team would love to see:
- Experience working in retail, with specialist experience in the Clothing, Jewellery & Watches markets.
- Degree educated in fashion/textiles
- Ideally have experience in product design and development in a retail industry with relevant technical knowledge for Clothing and knowledge of manufacturing processes and working with suppliers, including product and cost engineering.
- Computer literate with the ability to use Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to a high standard.
- Show capability to be a strategic thinker who puts the customer at the heart of decision-making, striking the balance between driving business metrics & longer-term objectives.
- Role model positive behaviours, working within a values-driven culture, where all colleagues can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 2 January 2023
- Sports Direct
Middle Weight Digital Designer
Closing 5 December 2022
Product Designer - Sports Equipment
Closing 16 January 2023
- Sports Direct
Want more Assistant Designer - Clothing jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Fashion Design Assistant jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.