Assistant Designer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We have an exciting opportunity for talented Assistant Designers to join our award-winning team working with Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. You will support and assist the Senior Designer in their mission to develop and deliver successful product ranges across our Tu Clothing range.
You’ll be assisting the delivery of inspirational designs that support the values of the category vision and ambition. Working with the Senior Designer to build relationships with suppliers and the design teams behind the suppliers to create original, exclusive product.
You will assist in delivering key seasonal trends and help to deliver newness throughout the range. With a capable hand in photoshop and illustrator you will be able to deliver innovative and commercial product for our broad range of customer types.
As well as being a good communicator helping to representing the team in front of key stakeholders, you’ll manage your time effectively ensuring deadlines are always met.
About this role:
- General design admin and support for Design team
- Supporting in supplier briefings for present day and 12/18 months time
- Assisting designers in formulating concept, colour and trend boards for presentations and meetings
- Supporting the creation of project briefs
- Emailing/posting all Design specs to relevant suppliers in line with the critical path
- Responsible for upkeep of design/artwork files
- Responsible for maintenance and update of colour/theme/trend and bay boards for relevant meetings
- Work closely with our Product Development Team to land and deliver new product
- Assist with preparation for selection, sign-off, review and trading meetings
- Liaise with the Designers and buyers ahead of selection and sign off meetings
- Visit stores, trade fairs and press shows where appropriate and compile reports.
- Working collaboratively with designers and buyers to agree key developments for shopping lists.
- Attending weekly trade meetings.
- Represent the design team at graduate shows and events that Sainsbury’s Argos Home engage with externally.
- Assist designers in ensuring PR & Marketing have all the correct assets to tell the story behind each range.
More about you:
- You will display strong creative acumen
- A self starter - determined and confident – overcoming
- Experience in design or you will be a graduate with a degree in the creative industry
- Understanding and experience of using Outlook, Word, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Effective communicator and team player
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 24 October 2021
- TUI Group
UX Designer (mid-weight)
Closing 14 December 2021
- £Competitive plus benefits
Closing 5 December 2021
- Peterborough / Remote
- perm, from remote
Want more Assistant Designer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.