Artworker for Grand Central
We’re looking for a talented, organised and precision-driven artworker to join our team.
You’ll be collaborating closely day to day with the Creative Director, our design team and the accounts teams in a collaborative environment where you’ll get the chance to work on a wide variety of projects from pitch work to highly prescribed briefs. We’re looking for someone with a wide range of relevant experience – demonstrated by a strong, beautifully crafted portfolio.
Importantly, you be incredibly versatile and enjoy working across a variety of disciplines and touchpoints including print and digital. A can-do attitude and a willingness to get stuck in, working with speed, reliability and importantly great attention to detail are essential.
We are looking for someone who is also incredibly organised. Someone who strives to carefully structure, name and group layers and take care to name and organise files as a matter of course. Essentially creating files that could be picked up by another designer or artworker in a heartbeat.
We are also looking for someone who will fit into our culture and embody our values.
The types of people we are looking to meet
- ... live and breath design
- ... have a strong eye for design and meticulous attention to detail whilst working with potential complex artwork files
- ... have a proficient understanding of messaging hierarchy
- ... are fluent in Adobe Suite. Specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign as well as Powerpoint and Word
- ... have experience or a keen desire to learn digital specific software such as Adobe XD or Sketch
- ... as a bonus have experience in motion graphics
- ... have experience with POS, print advertising and responsive web design (digital experience will be key to our hire)
- ... have 2+ years of artworking experience, translating key visuals and designs into final artwork files considering relevant specs
- ... are able to review, understand and question creative briefs
- ... are able to review, understand and approve proofs from printers
- ... are organised to the nth degree
- ... keep up to date with design trends and report back with a view to educating the wider
- ... are able to take feedback and design direction from our creative director, design team and account managers
- ... have an absolute love what you do and have an almost unbounded enthusiasm for design and the opportunity to work within a multi award-winning creative team
If you are interested and feel like you fit the bill then there are a couple more things to consider
- ... you will be able to send and show a comprehensive portfolio
- ... you will be able to indicate and clearly explain your involvement in any project
- ... you will be really excited about the role as described ;)
Salary + benefits
- Full time in our studio in Kingston Upon Thames
- Highly competitive salary based on experience
- Bonus structure based on results
- Holiday - 20 days per annum with an additional day after each full calendar year worked (capped at 5 years)
- A day off for your birthday off in addition to the above
- Personalised career development plan + CPD support
- Regular agency social engagements – Grand Nights Out!
- Sabbatical after 10 years
- Pension contributions
Recruitment agencies please note: We do not work via recruitment agencies and we will not respond to direct contact from any such businesses.
About Grand Central
Grand Central is an award-winning creative brand communications agency with a strong heritage in digital communications, based in Kingston Upon Thames.
We’re a nice bunch of people who believe in two simple principles: 1. produce best in class solutions for our clients 2. have fun doing what we do best. It’s as simple as that!
We’re a small agency but deliver a lot so it’s important that the people we employ can lend their hand to a number of tasks, from making a round of tea to driving the route of Le Tour de France. Throw in the creation of some world-class creative and that’s a typical week.
It’s all about the right attitude and what we mean by that is people are happy to muck in, lend a hand and help where help is needed.
We see ourselves as an extension of the Client teams we work with, and the Clients are happy to treat us in this way, which is a great testament to the relationships that we have built.
Over the last five years, Grand Central Creative has been responsible for producing award-winning creative campaigns and corporate solutions for clients such as CyT, National Grid, Walkers, Mars, Wilkinson Sword, Magners, Fever Tree, Phillips and Gloucester Country Cricket Club to name a few…
- IPM Awards 2017 – Sponsorship Gold - Frontera, Official Wine of the BRIT Awards
- UK Sponsorship Awards 2017 – First-time sponsor category – Frontera, Official Wine of The BRIT Awards
- FAB Awards 2016 – Sales Promotion - Cono Sur and Le Tour de France
Closing 7 April 2019
- Joint Waste Solutions
- £29,075 to 38,235 p/a
Graphics Media Developer (Illustrator) for Open University
Closing 19 April 2019
- Open University
- Milton Keynes
- 33,199 to 39,609 p/a
Want more Artworker jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Sound Designer jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs, Packaging Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Pre Press Artworker jobs, Publishing Artworker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.