Artworker (Print) - Asos
The design and artworking team sits within the creative department, and the wider Brand Experience team. It works hand in hand with the concept, content, marketing and project teams and closely with international content, social, retail, UX, UI and tech teams. Our role is to create aspirational 360 campaigns that inspire our customers. As well as campaigns, the team is responsible for designing daily news, style and entertainment content, assets for homepage promotion, social, newsletters and PR lookbooks for ASOS that are highly engaging and will meet our 20-something audience’s practical and emotional needs.
You should be a confident artworker with an excellent working knowledge of artwork, repro and print processes. You will have an understanding of typography, space and layout. You are happy to take a design and roll out artwork across many different formats and mediums including large-scale out-of-home campaigns, labelling and packaging. Your artworking skills are extremely versatile, and you are flexible and happy to work in a fast-changing environment.
You must be proactive and able to work independently. You will be the go-to within the design team for all things printed. You will be aware of the latest artwork, repro techniques and software, and how we can utilise them for ASOS.com.
You will have a BA/HND or equivalent and a portfolio of projects you have artworked. You’ll have great attention to detail, be driven and willing to adapt to change and go the extra mile. You’ll be diplomatic, be forthcoming with ideas and initiatives, enthusiastic and a team player.
What you'll be doing...
- Managing the artworking of 360-degree campaigns including large-scale out-of-home, brochures, banners, websites, and presentations for a range of clients, ensuring all work is completed to a high standard and on time.
- Ensuring all artwork produced meets brand guidelines and print specifications for particular assets.
- General preparation of design files to a digital reprographic standard ready for pre-press production.
- Mentoring junior members of the artworking team.
- Creative artworking from scamps and/or visual briefs from the Creative team.
- Keeping up to date with the latest artwork and repro techniques and software.
- Artworking of digital homepages, feature pages and newsletters. Brand, promotional and sale pages. Banners, competitions, press releases.
- Understanding and contributing to the creative vision of the department.
- Ensuring all print and web projects are executed within timeline and schedule.
- Managing personal workload and schedules.
- Being actively responsive to fluctuating business workloads.
- Contributing to other team members’ workload as directed.
- Raising workload/resource issues.
- Assisting across the creative team where directed.
We'd love to meet someone with...
- Experience in a professional artworker role.
- Extremely strong portfolio which demonstrates proficiency across a range of platforms.
- Excellent working knowledge of artwork, repro and print processes.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the latest PDF technologies.
- A strong understanding of typography, space and layout.
Graphic Designer for SmartAssistant
Closing 11 August 2018
Senior Book Cover Designer - Award Winning Publisher
Closing 9 August 2018
- SPCK Publishing
- Dependent on experience
Want more Artworker (Print) - Asos jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Typographer jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Pre Press Artworker jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.