Art Editor - Ogilvy & Mather London
Fixed term Contract (one year initially but with a view to extend to a permanent role)
Salary £ / £
Boots Health & Beauty Magazine is seeking to recruit a talented Art Editor to work within the art team on the Boots account.
The ideal candidate will have a fantastic understanding of women’s magazines and trends therein, will have bags of enthusiasm and the ability to generate inspirational creative ideas at the drop of a hat for both print and digital media.
He or she will have a minimum of three years’ experience working at a senior level in magazine publishing and possess a full working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator as well as Content Management Systems.
The successful applicant will be experienced in commissioning and directing still life, beauty and real-life shoots and have excellent contacts with inspirational photographers and illustrators – and be calm and resourceful under pressure.
Reporting to the Group Art Director, the Art Editor’s responsibilities will include designing the print and digital issues and managing the day-to-day workflow and schedules so deadlines are met. He or she will also oversee the Designer on a day-to-day basis.
Boots Health & Beauty Magazine resides within WPP’s Boots Team, a dynamic and progressive content team at Ogilvy, based in Sea Containers House on London’s South Bank.
The office is a busy creative hub working across all channels in order to optimise resources and ensure the department is in a position of strength to meet new opportunities and challenges – across all channels.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience of the Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- A good knowledge of content management systems
• The ability to multitask, prioritise and excel in a fast-paced work environment
• The ability to take instructions and develop skill sets
- The ability to build strong working relationships with the team as well as external contractors
- A passion for photography, typography, illustration and editorial design
- A strong eye for detail
- An interest in digital design and animation
- A pro-active approach and the ability to work independently, under pressure and as part of a team, as well as being organised and methodical.
Designer in the Nexus of Entertainment
Closing 24 March 2018
start 24 April
- Endeavor, formerly WME | IMG
- London market price
Mid-Weight Multi-Disciplined Designer for Sandals
Closing 14 March 2018
- Unique Vacations UK LTD
Want more Art Editor - Ogilvy & Mather London jobs?
Want to find more Typographer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Content Manager jobs, Editorial Designer jobs, Art Editor jobs, Print Designer jobs, Publishing Artworker jobs, Publishing Designer jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.