Art Editor - HearstThis job listing has expired
Hearst is looking for an experienced Art Editor to join its busy Health and Fitness design hub, which produces three of the UK’s biggest fitness and wellbeing titles: Runner’s World, Men’s Health and Women’s Health.
As a senior role on the production ‘hub’, deputising for the Runner’s World Creative Director and supporting the Workflow Director, you’ll be monitoring all parts of the design process, from creating pages and attending photoshoots to marking up and sending issues to press. The successful candidate will join us at an incredibly exciting time for the company and will work in our new bespoke offices at House of Hearst, Leicester Square.
- Excellent knowledge of magazine design, typography, photography and illustration, experience working as an Art Editor or Deputy at a leading title, a good contact book of photographers, exceptional passion for our brands and an endless supply of ideas
- A hugely talented team, a supportive company culture and an exciting future ahead
As a senior member of the Art Hub you will work closely with the Creative Director of Runner’s World to develop and implement visual content across the Health and Fitness titles from initial design concept through to the final product. This will include the core magazine and all brand extensions. Adhering to the creative strategy communicated by the Creative Director and the brand design blueprint, you will lead the team in creating wonderfully imaginative layouts and marketing materials. You will also work closely with the Workflow Director in managing the sending of pages to press, photography shoot deadlines, layout workflow and production issues.
· Create artistic content that thrills and delights our audiences and advertisers
· Using the Creative Strategy as a foundation, create a blueprint that all team members can refer to when designing to create continuity across all elements of the brand, including awards, events, specials etc
· Work to a unique visual style for each brand that drives home its unique positioning in the mind of the consumer
· Monitor overall production throughout each print issue
· Constantly offer a wealth of inspiring and original ideas, bringing with them the knowledge of how to execute them to the highest of standards.
· Work with the Workflow Director to ensure all deadlines are met. Take responsibility for keeping a record of the progress of layouts and proofs to and from subs to keep up to date with deadlines
· To work with industry-standard toolsets to complete your work, as well as work within the prescribed processes of the structured workflow systems used to create content
· To be aware of budgets and help ensure the brands are on budget
· To be fully involved with and cognisant of all aspects of pre-press; namely: colour management, including changing and enhancing colour for press, and image manipulation
· To deputise for the Creative Directors at editorial meetings and shoots, as required
· To commission photographers and illustrators after discussion with the Creative Director. To ensure illustrators meet deadlines as necessary
· View the portfolios of artists and illustrators regularly and make recommendations to the Creative Director
· To organise any shoots as requested and, where possible, collaborate with colleagues to create cost efficiencies.
· To take responsibility in the absence of the Creative Director
· To liaise with other relevant departments to discuss effectiveness of particular content in both print and digital
· To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required
· To maintain the high standard of design on the brand, and to look for fresh solutions and ideas, as well as maintaining an excellent eye for editing shoots
· You will be required to undertake commercial editorial work as and when requested by the Company
· Attend photoshoots when requested by the Creative Director
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of the print process from layout to reproduction, printing and binding
· Contribute as and when is necessary to the website and social feeds
· Provide the printers with accurate layouts
· Be able to colour-correct all proofs, ensuring the high overall quality of reproduction is maintained
· Cut-outs, including use of fluid masks
· Mark up creative work
· Send cut-outs to external company.
· Design magazine-related projects and brand extension layouts
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Designer - Argos
Closing 6 August 2018
- Milton Keynes
Document Services Supervisor
Closing 15 August 2018
- Creative Resource
- £35,000 to 40,000 p/a
Want more Art Editor - Hearst jobs?
Want to find more Typographer jobs, Digital Illustrator jobs, Illustrator jobs, Photographers Assistant jobs, Photography Manager jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Editorial Designer jobs, Art Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.