At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
Art Directors play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
- Possess not just exceptional art direction skills but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- Establish art direction, style and tone of communication on projects. Propose/deliver world-class executions of innovative interface design and interaction design experiences across all digital platforms.
- Listen to and respond to briefs, question where/if there are gaps.
- Provide assets to relevant disciplines to implement designs. Provide visual QA comments to, and carry out consultation with, Client Services, Technology and Project Management teams throughout projects.
- Accountable for the project design deliverables and quality control; use strong information presentation (visual and written) skills for internal team and clients.
- Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences with some supervision.
- Collaborate with the client and various teams within AKQA.
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking.
- 2+ years of experience.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality art direction and design within a variety of campaigns and projects.
- Considerable experience developing successful concepts, many of which have been adopted by clients or other team members.
- Proven creative success working in collaborative multi-functional teams.
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills.
- You have a breadth of cultural reference points.
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind.
- You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vans - Art Director
Closing 10 October 2019
- Costa Mesa
Editor - Motion Graphics, Titles, Animation
Closing 8 October 2019
- VM Productions
- Los Angeles
- temp, part time, from remote
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.