Monsoon’s story began with one man and his vision that started on a hippy commune in Ibiza, 1970, and finished with an overland trip east, through Afghanistan and India. Now found in West London, we’re creating vibrant products, and sharing endless discovery. We are built on a way of working that we are really proud of, where values and ethics go hand in hand.
We are on a journey to bring Monsoon to a wider audience, re-educating the public on our heritage and our new brand offering. As part of this we are recruiting an Art Director to work on all shoots across our ladies and kids’ brands. You will be responsible for visually developing the seasonal campaign concepts across campaign, elevated studio and social shoots for ladies and kids.
What will you do as a Art Director?
- Working from the annual marketing plan, you will produce creative concepts for all ladies and kids shoots both on location and elevated studio. You will include tears to demonstrate the visual approach and story you’re proposing.
- After agreeing the shoot story with the Head of Brand Design, you will scout for locations, and put together your ideal model cast for the shoot within a shoot pack.
- You will work with the Head of Brand Design to agree the photographer (and videographer where relevant), HMUA and assistants for each shoot.
- Brief photographers, stylists, and all shoot crew to deliver agreed photographic vision on location and studio shoots.
- You will manage the campaign producer who will execute on your vision.
- Following the direction of the external stylist for ladies, you will work through the looks to agree the final shot count with both the Marketing and Design Director before passing over to the producer to build the shoot bible.
- You will do a recce of each location and will identify the specific shoot locations for each look to go into the shoot pack.
- You will source all props, styling and extras needed in order to bring the agreed shoot story to life.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive location reference library for use across seasons.
- On the shoot you will do the first edit with the photographer, presenting the edit to the Head of Brand Design for final selection to be agreed by both the Marketing and Design Director.
- You will manage the re-touch requirements are clearly articulated to the postproduction team.
The perfect candidate will have existing Art Direction experience within ladies either in-house or from an agency. You will be inspiring, experienced, steeped in fashion and lifestyle and constantly aware of new trends to deliver the highest quality brand photography for both brands.
There are fundamental characteristics that will make you a success in this role, which include:
- You consider yourself a balance between creative and organised.
- Are on top of trends in fashion and retail from both high street but also taking inspiration from luxury.
- Lead by example and are happy to get stuck in when needed, we all do a bit of everything when needed, we’re lean but we’re effective.
- You must be able to work with a multitude of different departments and external agencies therefore you must have an open friendly, and approachable manner.
- Remain calm under pressure and are a creative problem solver, with the ability to adapt to change.
- Have a positive approach with a can-do attitude.
What will we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme.
- Private Healthcare.
- Bonus day off each year after 6 months service.
- A pension that you will automatically be enrolled in after 3 months.
- Life assurance (subject to participating in the pension scheme).
- A flexible working approach.
- Early pay day Friday finish.
- A generous staff discount with up to 50% discount on our products.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Discounted gym membership at our on-campus gym.
- Additional discounts such as Westfield discount, Taste card membership etc.
If this all sounds great and you feel you are who we are looking for, let us know and apply today.
At Monsoon Accessorize we don’t focus only on what we do, we also care about how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and an environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people and are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will also consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We provide reasonable accommodations as needed to people with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request discuss any specific requirements.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Studio Art Director
Closing 29 March 2023
- Hangar 13
Visual Art Director
Closing 15 March 2023
- perm, remote
Creative Director, Art Director
Closing 29 March 2023
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.