Amazon Imaging is seeking a seasoned Creative Art Director with proven experience to produce bar raising creative content to delight, inform and inspire customers. The ideal candidate has experience across a diverse selection of product categories including (but not limited to) fashion, beauty, home, electronics and groceries.
They have a well-rounded skillset in creating elevated product imaging treatments to delight customers, through to concept and delivery of marketing/social campaigns. The candidate loves creating original solutions, collaborating with a team under tight timelines and possesses a proven ability to motivate those around them with a clear vision and dedication to excellence. They have demonstrated success translating business goals into inspiring creative direction and design.
You will be part of Amazon Imaging, a global creative team within Amazon producing content to support all areas of the business in building one of the world’s best online shopping experiences through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia, focusing on editorial and product content creation, photography, videography, 3D design, post-production, graphic design, automated image acquisition, and image support services.
Amazon is continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing tens of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. Amazon is obsessed with innovating on behalf of its customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce experiences.
The chosen candidate will join the in-house Art Direction team for Amazon Fashion based in heart of Shoreditch, London; reporting to the Creative Manager.
- Oversee the production of daily imaging campaigns, seasonal look books and videos to support business objectives
- Plan, concept and execute elevated ecommerce, still-life, and video content; direct the vision right the way through to post-production
- Attend strategy meetings, understand and respond to customer data and imaging trends, steering the strategy of future creative directions
- Provide clear, concise on-set direction; direct a crew from start to finish, including the building of mood-boards, awareness to on-brand inclusive casting, hair and make-up briefing, mood (look & feel), styling, lighting, shot selection, providing clear post-production direction, etc
- Develop elevated creative treatment, effectively managing quality/productivity/scalability, budgets and timelines, allocating appropriate creative resources to projects
- Build, design and manage shoot guide documentation / SOPs, style guides, and lighting specifications
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and innovation
- Translate merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution, partnering with business/marketing teams to ensure that designs meet brand and business objectives
- Enhance the team knowledge of best practices from across the globe, and possess expert understanding of trends in web design/online marketing
- Strong written skills
- Extensive professional experience as a photographic/video art director for e-commerce, stills & video
- A portfolio that demonstrates ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision for multiple product categories
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Photography/Visual Communication or commensurate experience
- Strong visual communicator with excellent aesthetic judgement, advanced presentation skills, unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness to the customer experience
- Proven history to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines, desire and ability to work in a fast-paced online environment
- Commercial awareness, detailed trend knowledge within the EU e-commerce marketplace, demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity
- Experienced with Capture One, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills – ability to build and deliver concise presentations, confidently communicating striking new visual treatments
- Exceptional presenter and visual communicator with a meticulous eye for detail
- Diverse experience across photography, videography, graphic design, animation, illustration and 3D design, CGI and synthetic model creation
- Understanding of design layout and the need to accurately translate concepts
- Drive to source data, build and deliver business cases to drive image treatment change
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities
- Ability to recognise and nurture talent
- Strong leadership skills to oversee the work of other artists
- Creativity and superb communication to develop products that meet clients' needs
- Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of design, typography, photography and illustration.
- Successful team-management experience.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 August 2022
- Stella McCartney
Project Art Director
Closing 24 August 2022
- perm, from remote
Senior Art Director
Closing 23 August 2022
- Just Eat
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.