Are you looking for an Art Director role where you’ll inspire and direct the creation of stunning imagery for luxury fashion products? Are you searching for a fast-paced, creative role that gives you the opportunity to elevate and maintain a fresh and forward-thinking brand identity? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Art Direction as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role:
As our new Art Director, you’ll deliver our creative vision through the on-set art direction and photo composition of luxury e-commerce fashion imagery across Womenswear and Menswear. As part of this, you will:
- Have plenty of knowledge of the Selfridges Womenswear and Menswear Style Guides to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website (no pressure).
- Have a deep understanding of styling where you will be working closely with stylists on set.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to elevate the look and feel of posing and image composition.
- Keep up-to-date on Womenswear and Menswear trends and use this knowledge on a daily basis to art direct on set.
- Have excellent brand and competitor knowledge across Womenswear and Menswear, ranging from High Street to Super Brands, and everything in-between.
- Lead the way and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere in the Photostudio to boost and maintain productivity and an excellent quality of work.
You’ll be reporting into our Senior Art Director as well as working closely internally with Photographers, Stylists, Production and Digital.
Know What We're Looking For:
- You’ll have plenty of experience and history of working in Art Direction/Creative Fashion Styling as well as excellent trend knowledge. It’s also pretty important that you have a strong visual focus for this job.
- You won’t be afraid to be vocal on-set, after all, you will be spending your days directing models, selecting imagery and leading the overall art direction for Selfridges.
- You’ll have worked in a fast-paced photographic production environment before so you’ll know what it takes to get stuff done under pressure.
- It would be great if you’ve already got experience in Luxury Ecommerce but attention to detail and a positive, flexible attitude are equally as important for this role.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a fashion-forward team who are incredibly passionate about the visual story that Selfridges tells online. If you’re looking to come in to a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop in the Photostudio either – there are loads of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About The Company:
Our creative spirit:
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet:
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App–continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF:
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges–from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- Pension contributions.
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes.
- A volunteer day for all team members.
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development.
Creative Artworker - 12 month FTC
Closing 18 July 2019
- ASOS plc
Digital Creative Lead
Closing 13 July 2019
- Move Agency
- Competitive salary plus benefits.
Want more Art Director jobs?
Want to find more Art Director jobs, Artworker jobs, Creative jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Creative Director jobs, Digital Art Director jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Fashion Art Director jobs, Art Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.