Position Title: Art Director
Compensation: $58,000 - $65,000
FSLA/Position Type: Salary (Exempt)
Reports To: Creative Director
Job Posting Date: October 12, 2021
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
*Position may be filled prior to the application deadline, based on qualified resumes received. Please be assured that all information received is held in the highest confidence!
Güd Marketing is seeking a talented and collaborative art director (AD) with four to six years of experience in the field. The AD will help design, direct, lay out and produce materials in a variety of mediums. The AD will also help direct the work of graphic designers and creative vendors (photographers, videographers, etc.). The AD will work with teams to ideate, direct, create and revise work for all external clients and internal projects while ensuring that work is high-caliber, innovative, technically accurate, on deadline and on budget.
Reporting to the creative director and working closely with all facets of the agency - research, strategy, account, public relations, social media, media, traffic, new business and production - the AD serves as an ideator, visual communicator and problem-solver, working to analyze information for translation to concepts and materials that meet or exceed client/project goals. The AD will work with creative directors, copywriters, art directors and designers to create and refine exceptional work. The AD will be responsible for directing, creating, reviewing, drafting and/or revising video, audio, print and digital materials for multiple clients.
You should apply to this position if:
- You love working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, being challenged by others’ ideas, juggling multiple priorities and learning from people with incredible experience in the field
- You are interested in mission-driven creative work
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create multimedia marketing campaign concepts with a creative team
- Produce and direct the production of marketing campaign tactics built from campaign concepts and aligned with client brands
- Produce digitally based tactics (animated/multi-frame social media and digital display ads, digital event graphics, infographics, etc.)
- Produce print-based tactics (outdoor boards, event materials, brand collateral, posters, etc.)
- Produce brand-based tactics (logos - from concept through to finalized logo and brand packages, brand collateral - digital, web, print, etc.)
- Produce production-ready concepts for campaign videos/commercials (in conjunction with a copywriter and creative director)
- Art-direct video projects
- Art-direct photography projects
- Produce prototypes for websites (via Adobe XD) and work with a web developer to fabricate websites
- Review and direct the work of on-staff and outside producers, including designers, illustrators, web developers, photographers, videographers and video editors
- Work within the operating systems and processes of the agency
Essential Skills Necessary:
• Understanding of integrated marketing campaigns and mediums/tactics
• Understanding of brands and brand management
• Adobe Creative Suite proficiency - specifically InDesign, Photoshop, XD, Acrobat, Illustrator, Animate
• Photo shoot direction
• Video shoot direction
• Conceptual thinking ability
• Solid presentation skills and the ability to express ideas
• Interest in pursuing new and emerging media
• Excellent listening skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Visual problem-solver
• Ability to manage work on multiple projects daily
• Ability to illustrate/sketch ideas
• Drive to create work that exceeds client goals
• Thoughtful and strategic approach
• Collaborative nature
• Communicate effectively and efficiently
• Resourceful problem-solver
• Ability to learn about and work within a system and structure
• Willingness to take initiative and work hard
• Ability to work successfully with diverse teammates, clients and vendors
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
Education & Professional Experience:
- Four to six years of experience as a designer and/or art director in marketing or advertising
About Güd Marketing
Güd Marketing is a comprehensive and integrated marketing firm. Established in 1978, we are one of the oldest and largest marketing agencies in Mid-Michigan, serving the Midwest and beyond. The team at Güd Marketing is curious, driven and caring. We celebrate differences, do the right thing and embrace a can-do attitude.
Through research and diversity of thought, we create insightful strategies designed to enhance the communications goals of the organizations we serve. We distill this information into compelling messages that educate, inspire and move people to create strong, safe, healthy and welcoming communities. To learn more, visit www.GudMarketing.com.
Güd Marketing embraces diversity in all its forms and prides itself on creating a fully inclusive and welcoming environment for our team. We strongly encourage minorities, women, LGBTQ persons and those with disabilities to apply.
Güd Marketing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement:
Güd Marketing provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements. Güd Marketing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and/or training.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 1 December 2021
- New York
Closing 1 December 2021
- Taylor James
- New York
Closing 7 December 2021
- New York
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.