Art Director for bigdogThis job listing has expired
Hello, we’re bigdog, a multi-award- winning creative agency. And we create ideas you can’t ignore. Ideas that are sparked by insight, developed with zero channel prejudice and delivered with skill and passion at every touchpoint. Our values are Agile, Energetic, Ambitious and Engaged.
To make it all happen, we have 160 talented integrated specialists, working across offices in London, Leicester, Norwich and Birmingham. But bigdog is even bigger than that. We’re part of the Mission Group, one of the UK’s most respected networks. Sharing skills and resources across 14 agencies and over 1,000 talented staff.
Join the pack
Reporting in to the Creative Managing Partner, we have a new opening for an Art Director to join our creative team in Norwich. We are looking for an Art Director capable of generating impactful and effective conceptual work with an eye for outstanding design, insight driven and able to follow an idea through from beginning to end. Working with other creative professionals, the Art Director will deliver high quality work for any given client across any given channel.
Collaborating with and working alongside copywriters and other department team members to answer client briefs to the full, championing the importance of great design and inspiring colleagues to produce the same will also be a key part of the role.
- Producing outstanding conceptual and creative ideas on and offline
- Producing rough scamps on paper and competent visuals on MAC and PC
- Working with photographers, illustrators and other creative services providers to execute highest quality work for clients
- Understanding and interpreting creative briefs and propositions
- Thinking laterally to come up with great work, conceptual or execution, surprising others by your breadth of thinking
- Critiquing work and debating constructively with agency colleagues
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge of each client's business, their products/services, markets and competitors
- Meet and converse with clients, either to develop a brief or to present and sell creative work
- Produce print-ready artwork for your own work when required
- Liaising with Client Direction and Campaign Management to find appropriate solutions to clients marketing challenges
Essential skills and attributes:
- Strong, broad portfolio of work demonstrating ability to work with a mix clients, different sectors and any channel Competent in Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flightcheck, Indesign and other packages common across industry and agencies
- Passionate for all things creative
- Curious and imaginative
- A great eye for detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 1 st Class design skills
- A self-starter, highly motivated
- Effective and confident communicator at all levels, confident to present and sell ideas to clients
- Excellent team player while maintaining the ability to work independently
- Deliver the role with the flexibility required to succeed in this industry
Benefits and Applying
- 22 days’ holiday + banks holidays
- Additional day off for Birthday!
- Healthshield cover
- Company Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Life insurance If you are interested, please apply!
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Mid-Weight Graphic Designer
Closing 14 October 2017
- Design WildWest
- £26,000 to 28,000 p/a
Senior Photographer - Ted Baker
Closing 5 October 2017
- Ted Baker
- Competitive Package
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.