Art Director for Ogilvy & MatherThis job listing has expired
Ogilvy & Mather London
Ogilvy & Mather, Network of the Year at Cannes for five consecutive years, is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services including: advertising; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; shopper and retail marketing; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion, relationship marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries.
Here at Ogilvy London we pride ourselves on the ethos CAN meets DO. Clients come to us with a broad range of business challenges and problems and we formulate a specialist team around them to transform their business. This isn’t just about coming up with great ideas, it’s the execution, the measurement and the ability to start a conversation around these ideas that place our clients ahead of their competitors. Our building has been designed to ensure teams are fluid, 100% agile and can be combined in an infinite way to enhance creativity and collaboration.
Art Directors play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user. You will be involved in 360 campaigns, from television and radio, to digital, social, print and OOH. As an Art Director you will work in close partnership with an existing Copywriter at Ogilvy.
With this role you will be primarily focussing on Global brands Hellmann’s, Dove & Comfort, with the opportunity to work across other clients around the business.
• Possess not just exceptional art direction skills but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
• Create and manage original, persuasive, conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences
• Collaborate with the client and various teams within Ogilvy
• Proficient in discussing the client's core message and target audience
• See opportunities in day to day briefs, to be on the front foot and come up with fresh and innovative ideas
• Have a constant out-of-the-box mindset to be thinking of proactive work
• Remain up-to-date with new ideas, techniques and styles (ie art, films, TV programmes, music, fashion, trends etc)
• Actively seek inspiration from the external environment to influence creativity
• Awareness of competitor activities in the market
• Understand and appreciate the nature and value of the client brand
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality art direction and design within a variety of campaigns and projects
• You have a breadth of cultural reference points
• You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas in the world of their kind
• You are fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail • You work has recently won recognized creative awards
Experience in advertising and marketing, ideally gained agency-side To have an established portfolio of recent work for top tier clients Experience of working as part of a creative pair for a large Advertising Agency To have won recognised Creative Awards Essential to have previously knowledge of the industry and an understanding of the creative process The ability to think creatively and communicate ideas through visuals Abilitiy to multi-task and work across several projects across time zones A natural team player, who can work collaboratively to achieve the highest standards Self-starter who responds well to constructive criticism Experience of checking all content being advertised is truthful and complies with guidelines and codes of advertising practice.
- Actively seeks out new ideas, techniques and styles generally (ie art, films, TV programmes, music, fashion, trends etc).
- Is influential and can inspire the Creative Department Acts in the best interest of the brand and Ogilvy at all times
- Researching competitor activities and successful campaigns being delivered by other agencies.
Ogilvy people, who drive the value we create for our clients, embody our agency values of Curiosity, Courage and Generosity. Helping us foster our pioneering spirit that inspires our teams, our work and our approach. Our agency community is one where creativity thrives, where the implausible is delivered, where ambitious people inspire each other and our curiosity is never-ending. We listen and learn from each other and encourage differences of opinion that make our thinking smarter. We are generous and open, supportive of one another and together are creating an enjoyable, rewarding place to be. We are a company that embraces difference. That’s why diversity of thought and encouraging a mix of people from all backgrounds is something that’s very important to us.
Ogilvy Pride, for example – our LGBT and straight ally network encourages employees to be individual and true to themselves. Through being an authentic individual in the workplace, employees can bring out the creativity in themselves. We also think it’s essential that everyone is given a little encouragement to focus on themselves and those around them. Whether that’s through our Happier Healthier Me programme, which offers everyone at Ogilvy time off to concentrate on something important to their own wellbeing and happiness, or spending time giving back through Many Ogilvy Hands on their charity day. And we like to encourage some good habits – Ogilvy Habits.
Here’s some we hold dear that David Ogilvy our founder taught us and are still as true today:
COURAGE Fear is a demon that devours the soul of an agency: it diminishes the quality of our imagination, it dulls our appetite for adventure, it sucks away our youth.
IDEALISM How great we become depends on the size of our dreams. Let’s dream humongous dreams, put on our overalls, go out there and build them.
CURIOSITY An endless trail of ideas floats in the ether. You will only see them if you are curious. For a start, we have to ask stupid questions like a pesky 6-year-old.
PLAYFULNESS All our art, all our science and all our philosophy have been invented by playful people, not serious people.
CANDOUR We are a company of problem-solvers. Our job requires us to be brutally honest and totally dedicated to the truth.
INTUITION All our finest thoughts and best ideas are not the work of the logical mind, but gifts from the unconscious.
FREE-SPIRITEDNESS Rule 1. There are no rules. Rule 2. Never forget rule one
PERSISTENCE Never give in. Never give in. Never give in. Never. Never. Never. Never.
Sound like the sort of place you need to visit? Well do come and say hello.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
MW Creative Team
Closing 16 March 2018
- RedSofa London
- £3,000 to 3,500 p/a
Art Director - Luxury/Advertising
Closing 16 March 2018
- £25,000 to 40,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.