Art Director (Paramount+)
Paramount + is coming to the UK… and we couldn’t be more excited!
We are a global content powerhouse and our house of brands including Showtime, Paramount Pictures, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickleodeon have shaped current events and pop culture for decades. Our content arsenal includes some of the largest and most valuable collections of entertainment in the world. Ever heard of Top Gun, Mission Impossible, Transformers, Dexter, Billions, Your Honour, The Good Fight, iCarly, Rugrats, Smurfs, Star Trek? Thought so…
All our best premium and well-known content in one service, with great local content too? It’s going to be epic!
We’ve got a mountain of entertainment and now we need your talent to bring it all to life. You could be in right at the start of Paramount + here in the UK and be part of our aspiration to being a leader in streaming. Not only that, you’ll be helping to bring premium entertainment and content to millions.
Ready to play your part?
Is this the role for you?
We are V Creative, Viacom’s in-house team of creative thinkers and makers producing super-engaging work across iconic brands including Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and Channel 5.
From promos, events and marketing campaigns to reels, social and rebrands, we work cross brand and cross platforms creating award winning content. We are passionate about creative and thrive off collaboration
What will you be doing?
A key role within V Creative the Art Director will be working closely with the P+ Creative Director and Senior designer. You will be working across a wide range of projects and platforms including on air promos, integrated marketing campaigns, branding, events, print and performance marekting. You will be responsible for ensuring the P+ core brand aesthetic is considered within all creative executions. You will have knowledge and oversight across all of the branding and design assets the team are creating. The role requires significant print/digital/social design experience, in addition to being well versed in motion graphics. Knowledge of art directing photography shoots and creating key art and OOH creative campaigns is highly desirable.
In this role you will help to manage projects with external agencies so excellent communication is a must. You will have good knowledge of advertising, promotion, the social and digital landscape and would be required to approach all projects with the bigger picture in mind.
You will demonstrate high a level of creative excellence, ensuring all output is produced to the highest creative standard whilst delivering on time and to budget. The Art Director will be expected to creatively contribute to cross brand concepting sessions and deliver on strong design across the platform; coming up with innovative and original design ideas for multi-platform campaigns with a strong focus on print and how to maintain this format with fresh and vibrant approaches to the creative.
In addition, this role will work collaboratively with creatives and producers to ensure all assets are delivered to the highest creative output; providing visual guidance on every project. With excellent communication skills, you will work in an integrated way with all departments.
- Creatively execute the core brand aesthetic to highest level across all P+ projects, with an understanding of core brand values and style guides of the global brand.
- Work alongside the Creative director across all projects.
- Be an expert on the P+ brand for UK marketplace.
- Work to a brief, schedule and budget and collaborate with creative and production partners across all projects.
- Possess the ability to art direct photography shoots as well as the creation of creating key art using pre-existing imagery.
- Manage external projects with Creative Agencies.
- Strong motion design focus and print/design/social design ensuring cut through and stand out content is delivered for these mediums.
- Produce high quality design across a breadth of projects ranging from branding, commercials, promos, print, packaging and on-screen elements; ensuring all graphics adhere to brand guidelines both locally and internationally where applicable.
- Contribute creative ideas and vision within cross brand workflows.
- Partner with creatives for campaign idea generation and pitching, with the ability to effectively communicate design ideas through storyboards, style frames and mock-ups.
- Work alongside, support and help the creatives to realise design solutions and add coherent design value to projects
- To recommend new technology software and creative solutions.
- Nurture and motivate junior members of the team.
- Recruit and recommend freelancers where applicable.
- Creating and presenting decks and moodboards to clearly communicate ideas.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience in all stages of the creative design and production process.
- Experience in leading project teams and support junior members of the team.
- Extensive design experience across all platforms and marketing mediums with strength in storyboarding, layout, typography, logo design and wealth of print projects.
- A strong visual and creative thinker with an excellent ability to verbally communicate ideas.
- Extensive experience in Macintosh skills and mainstream graphics software, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative cloud - After Effects, Cinema 4D, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strongly committed to collaboration and working as part of the creative team.
- The ability to produce and communicate a consistent stream of fresh, innovative and original creative ideas.
- To be up to date with the latest design trends and recommend new software.
- Ability to multi-task and working tight timelines and schedules.
- Strong organisational skills will ability to prioritise workload.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Post Production techniques and formats.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You’ll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we’re doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you’d expect, and some you wouldn’t
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Optimism & Determination : We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
• Inclusivity & Collaboration :We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manage through challenges
• Agility & Adaptability : We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what’s next
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer, and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for. For those who will be required to interact with children, we will carry out background checks prior to joining.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Associate Creative Director
Closing 7 February 2022
- Momentum Worldwide
- Manchester or London
Mid-Weight Art Director
Closing 5 February 2022
- Leo Burnett London
Closing 1 February 2022
- Estee Lauder
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.