Art Director - Character Lab
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories. MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.
We are seeking an experienced Art Director to join our Character Lab team in London.
Reporting to the Head of Character Lab, and working with a team of designers, artists and build specialists, you will be leading the design and direction of the visual output on a diverse range of creative projects for industry-leading character and creature builds.
You should have a vast range of experience in design, illustration and motion graphics on a wide-range of high profile, creative projects.
- Leading the design discipline to create visually stunning and creative content on a wide variety of projects.
- Designing all types of visual concepts, imagery and graphics for creative briefs.
- Supporting the work of Producers, Directors, Creative Directors and other Creative leads in the production of visual documents and moving image content to win pitches and develop projects.
- Attending client meetings from initial pitches and concepts, through to project completion.
- Working closely with other Designers, CG Artists, Compositors and other departments to deliver the highest quality visual output.
- Working alongside Production and Management on the scheduling and budgeting of projects.
- Identifying and nurturing current and new talent in the department.
- Exceptional skills in Design, Illustration and Motion Graphics.
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D.
- Knowledge of Houdini, Maya, Nuke and other VFX production tools is an advantage.
- A superior eye for composition, color and design.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Senior Groom Artist
Closing 5 September 2020
- Industrial Light & Magic
Closing 1 September 2020
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.