Art Director - AR Creative
Messenger is looking for an Art Director to join the AR Team. The Messenger AR Team is a team of multidisciplinary creatives and technical artists focused on bringing art and tech together to create innovative experiences that help people feel together when they’re not physically together. As an Art Director, you will be asked to work closely with cross-functioning teams to both identify opportunities and solve problems from brief to completion.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, strategic-minded, product-thinker with high standards for craft and execution. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with cross functional teams to define opportunities and working with creative partners to execute on solutions.
This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of visually compelling AR experiences that will resonate with Messenger’s users. This person should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums. This person should be comfortable in a fast-paced, quickly-shifting environment, and able to synthesize points of view from various stakeholders to offer solutions. This role will be approximately an 80/20 split of hands-on making and direction.
Art Director - AR Creative Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with Product Design, Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, and User Research to absorb knowledge, define opportunities, and develop concepts and treatments to bring ideas to life.
- Translate complex strategic approaches into easily accessible creative concepts.
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences.
- Work closely with the Managing Art Director, Creative Director and cross-functional stakeholders to implement a cohesive visual style.
- Work with vendors to communicate vision, guide execution, and ensure on-brand delivery of assets at a high level of quality.
- Discover new opportunities for product impact through quantitative and qualitative analysis, to turn ideas into a strategic roadmap and oversee their execution through delivery.
- Seek out creative opportunities to expand the impact and cultural relevance of AR in Messenger.
- 4+ years experience as Art Director or Digital Product Designer or Design Director at a creative agency or an in-house team
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work
- Demonstrated presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the experience communicating complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Demonstrated experience Cinema 4D or Maya
- Track record of delivering highly engaging interactive experiences
- Demonstrated working in AR/VR/XR or gaming industry with an understanding of technology requirements and work flows
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, directing, and guiding the work of other designers
- Demonstrated understanding of product design, including creating flows, thinking through experiences, and planning user research with research partners
- Hands-on experience in UX/UI design (e.g., through Figma or similar)
- Solid illustration/sketching skills
- Experience designing gen-z focused brands or products
- Creative coding knowledge (Spark, Unity, or OpenFrameworks)
- Character design and/or development experience
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Art Director, In-Product Creative - Messenger
Closing 25 June 2022
- perm, from remote
Creative Director - Creator Marketing - Talk
Closing 21 June 2022
- perm, from remote
Closing 4 July 2022
- perm, from remote
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.