Arabic Speaking EditorThis job listing has expired
Arabic Speaking Editor
City of London
08.30 - 17.30
Our client is looking for a talented and adaptable editor, fluent in English and Arabic, to proofread Arabic translations and to edit English-language content.
The Editor will primarily be responsible for reviewing Arabic translations of original English-language press releases and research. They will ensure that the translation conducted by an external agency is coherent and the information contained is accurate. They will be expected to make edits to improve the accuracy or the writing style. Deadlines are typically 24 hours or less, so a quick-thinking and competent translator is absolutely key.
Additionally, the Editor will edit English-language press releases and research relating to Middle East content. This will be the main function of the Editor, at least initially. They are required to collaborate with colleagues in the Global Publishing Group, as well as the analytical staff who author the content. The English-language editing aspect of this role is likely to focus primarily on the company’s shorter regulatory-driven Rating Action Commentaries. However the editor will be expected to be capable of preparing both research and Rating Action Commentaries for publication to the company’s website in a final, approved state which meets their standards.
The Editor will work closely with formatters, content designers, ratings and media teams and are expected to handle small formatting adjustments using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Proofreading Arabic versions of English-language press releases/reports supplied by a third-party translation agency
• Understanding local regulatory requirements for credit-rating-related publications, and ensuring these are honoured at the publishing stage
• Reviewing translated documents to ensure all contents (text and graphics) are clear and accurate
• Liaising with analysts as required to ensure accuracy of translations
• Publishing translated content to the company website using the company’s global publishing applications
• Editing English-language press releases and research, using the company’s publishing systems
• Managing research reports through to completion, including consistency of fundamental ratings information on reports and in databases
• Supporting style standards in press releases and research
Key Requirements for the role:
• Fluent in Arabic and English
• Financial editing background
• At least five years of editing experience in a corporate/financial services environment
This is a fantastic role for a talented and capable translator who is looking to take the next step in their career. The company is a friendly, corporate and well established organisation who really knows how to look after their staff and bring out the best in them.
It is HYF’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.
HYF is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Senior Document Specialist
Closing 15 August 2018
- Creative Resource
- £25,000 to 30,000 p/a
Closing 14 August 2018
- Beyond The Book
- Leamington Spa
Want more Arabic Speaking Editor jobs?
Want to find more Editor jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Proofreader jobs, Translator jobs, Copy Editor jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.