Barclays UK Tech function, has a Clearing Hub division which is the corner stone of clearing by image. This is an initiative to allow images of cheques to be a legal instrument for paying people. This removes the need for paper to be transported by secure vehicles on the road between branches and the central clearing centre. A further benefit in using mobile image capture is to allow customers a new channel for recording cheque payments.
As a Software Application Designer, you will take ownership over requirements gathering, building business requirements into technical requirements. Ensure the design works end to end and then build out design details so a developer could follow it through.
This role would be great for a Java Developer who is looking to move more into a design role, and have significant contact with business / product owners, working closely with stakeholders to successfully deliver on business requirements.
What will you be doing?
• Validate requirements and discuss with product / business owners.
• Participate in impact assessments for new work.
• Review requirements to understand how both functional and non-functional aspects need to be met.
• Add clarity to business requirements, whilst challenging them to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created.
• Work with other bank teams and external suppliers to understand the full E2E solution.
• Review component designs to build knowledge and make sure those align with an E2E system design.
• Present complex technical ideas for discussion both within the team and to wider audiences.
What we’re looking for:
• Java & Oracle PL-SQL knowledge (able to read documents in code, understand what the system is doing and provide guidance to engineers on implementation).
• Exposure developing / designing for large scale enterprise applications (processing large values and quantity of transactions).
• Exposure to transactional based time critical systems.
• JIRA / Confluence exposure.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Exposure working in large scale enterprise businesses.
• Clearing Hub connectivity solutions exposure (Apache Camel, Active MQ Manager).
• Micro Service style component design.
• Excellent communication skills.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our technology hub in the North West, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most people who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym, onsite parking etc.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Digital Content Designer
Closing 20 March 2021
- Leeds, Manchester, Temporarily Remote
- perm, from remote
Senior UX Designer
Closing 30 January 2021
- Auto Trader
Want more Application Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, App Developer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.