Apple News Weekend Editor
Having access to world class reporting is meaningful, now more than ever. At Apple News, we are at the forefront of media and technology, giving millions of readers the best coverage of current events available, from leading news organisations around the globe, and served with a human touch.
Editors on Apple News highlight the best and most engaging content on our platform for our large national and international audience. As part of our team, you will curate content, write copy, craft plans for news events, and interact directly with our publisher partners.
This role will have a special focus on weekend coverage, ensuring that we continue to offer the best news and magazine content throughout the entire week.
- Our ideal candidate for this role has:
- Editorial experience in a newsroom, magazine or digital platform.
- Experience having worked on high-quality editorial products, and covering breaking news.
- Experience with a variety of Content Management Systems (CMS), and a keen understanding of the tools needed to support state of the art editorial.
- Experience navigating relationships on complicated projects that involve multiple areas and partners.
- Proficiency with data and analytics, and are willing to evolve your editorial strategy as numbers reveal user behaviour.
- Excellent editorial judgement and strong copy-editing skills.
- You are a phenomenal colleague willing to jump on new projects, or seek breaking news depending on the situation.
In this role, you will:
- Curate across the entirety of Apple News, with a focus on Saturday and Sunday coverage – including breaking news.
- Seek out high-quality content using third party software and Apple’s proprietary tools.
- Write sharp and engaging copy in the Apple News voice.
- Use your journalistic experience, sound editorial judgement, and team standards to source and select content to promote, with an emphasis on quality, accuracy, and context.
- Work closely with our counterparts in Apple News' design and engineering departments.
- Track the progress of product updates to ensure that our editorial goals are met.
- Understand and work strategically towards metrics that are essential to us and to our leadership.
- Play an active role in presenting and explaining our work to an internal audience.
- Share takeaways from your projects with the editorial team and to our larger News organisation.
- Surface bugs and other performance issues.
Education & Experience:
A university degree in journalism, communication, or a related field.
- This position is based in London, UK. The working pattern is Thursday - Sunday and is a full time role.
Closing 8 April 2020
- Welwyn Garden City
Digital News Editor
Closing 12 April 2020
Want more Apple News Weekend Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Managing Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Broadcast Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Series Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.